Extended Visa

Lordtariq83
Posted
Posted

I am aware with an American passport i can travel to the Philippines and stay for 30 days,but what is the process of getting an extended visa if i choose to stay longer and what is the cost?

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Before the 30 days is up you need to get a tourist visa, start at 29 days then every 2 months until 3 years. You will then need to leave the country and return to start again. A day trip to Hong Kong will suffice. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with the costs

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Your extension for 2 months will run a little under p3k...  Your ACR card will cost more once a year as well as p700 once a year for your Exit fee...  Yeah,, I get it every year...  I guess it's their price as a Tourist Visa doesn't require the Annual Report..  Anyway, do the 2 month extensions as it's cheaper than doing 1 month at a time...  The 6 month one doesn't exist anymore...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, i am bob said:

The 6 month one doesn't exist anymore...

Bob, are we on the same page? What do you mean does not exist? 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 3/20/2019 at 12:15 AM, Lordtariq83 said:

I am aware with an American passport i can travel to the Philippines and stay for 30 days,but what is the process of getting an extended visa if i choose to stay longer and what is the cost?

Here is what it cost me to stay 3 years on a tourist visa before making a visa run.  This ended in 2015 but the costs are still very close.

Screenshot (434).png

i am bob
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Bob, are we on the same page? What do you mean does not exist? 

The 6 month tourist extension...  Had a 4 initial name but I forget what it was...  Anyway, it was dropped when the mess with BI working to rule happened...

Joey G
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Here is what it cost me to stay 3 years on a tourist visa before making a visa run.  This ended in 2015 but the costs are still very close.

Screenshot (434).png

Love the spreadsheet, and data looks more than legit... now pay yourself minimum wage for the time it took/spent ... I'm betting that it doubles the cost...or more... you think ???? 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Joey G said:

Love the spreadsheet, and data looks more than legit... now pay yourself minimum wage for the time it took/spent ... I'm betting that it doubles the cost...or more... you think ???? 

I'm retired so I don't even make minimum wage!

Including your time and transport costs would certainly increase the cost, but that varies a lot for each person.  In my case, the Olongapo City extensions take about 30 minutes door to door from my house.  When I went to intramuros, I had other reasons to go and it was not just for the extension.

I am on 13a now and that also took a lot of time and money to get, twice.  And they rape you on various fees every time you need to leave the country.

TimL
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, i am bob said:

The 6 month tourist extension...  Had a 4 initial name but I forget what it was...  Anyway, it was dropped when the mess with BI working to rule happened...

When was it dropped? I am currently on a 6 month extension and plan to renew for another 6 next extension month.