Extended Visa

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, TimL said:

When was it dropped? I am currently on a 6 month extension and plan to renew for another 6 next extension month. 

I think Bob is confused. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

It's not universally available so perhap it has been dropped at Bob's BI.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Gary D said:

It's not universally available so perhap it has been dropped at Bob's BI.

:89: Hmmmm but Davao is a Regional BI Office so it should do Everything But.......................what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg

Gary D
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Hmmmm but Davao is a Regional BI Office so it should do Everything But.......................what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg

Wasn't it Davao that only gave 6 month visas to foreigners married to filipinas.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gary D said:

Wasn't it Davao that only gave 6 month visas to foreigners married to filipinas.

AH! now there you may have a point. Bob is not married :89:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I had it before in Davao but after the work-to-rule started, I was told that it was no longer available....  I tried again after that mess cleared up but got the same answer..   I'll try again on my next visit to see what they say now...  

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, i am bob said:

I had it before in Davao but after the work-to-rule started, I was told that it was no longer available....  I tried again after that mess cleared up but got the same answer..   I'll try again on my next visit to see what they say now...  

I beleive it was only a 100 or so pesos more for the six month compared to 3x2 months but in the make work society it's only 1/3 the work.

• Like 1

Anselm
Posted
Posted
On 3/24/2019 at 7:24 PM, i am bob said:

If you want the 6 month visa go to Fastpass next door, they can do it for you for an extra 1k or so

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted

6 month Visa is available, I obtained one last month BUT it is not available at all BI offices, including regional ones.  Best to call first and see if it is available at your selected office.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 3/24/2019 at 7:24 PM, i am bob said:

I had it before in Davao but after the work-to-rule started, I was told that it was no longer available....  I tried again after that mess cleared up but got the same answer..   I'll try again on my next visit to see what they say now..

We had similar problems in Dumaguete but it is cleared up now.  The 6 month visa has been available throughout the whole work-to-rule affair but in the sub-offices it is (and was) up to the "in-charge" whether they will do it or not.

They did not do it in Duma during that few months but people could go to Cebu and get it.  You can now get it in Dumaguete but they tell me I must pay the express fee to get it.  It is not as much as it once was so it is a good deal for me.  (Which reminds me I did my 6-month renewal last month for 11,000 pesos including ACR card renewal and I have to go pick up that dang card).

• Like 1