Marriage to a Filipina

Lordtariq83
Posted
Posted (edited)

Lets say hypothetically i met a Filipina online and we have been talking for months and even discussing marriage and you are planning on coming out there next year what are the benefits of marrying a Filipina from a legal standpoint? Will i keep having to obtain a tourist visa? Will you obtain Filipino citizenship?

Edited by Lordtariq83

Gary D
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Lordtariq83 said:

Lets say hypothetically i met a Filipina online and we have been talking for months and even discussing marriage and you are planning on coming out there next year what are the benefits of marrying a Filipina from a legal standpoint? Will i keep having to obtain a tourist visa? Will you obtain Filipino citizenship?

If you mean come out to stay then tourist works but there is also the spouse visa or the retirement visa. Citizenship is 10 years and probably not worth the bother.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Lordtariq83 said:

Next year is a long way off, plenty of time to research past posts and online articles. No two situations are the same, you'll just have to work out what suits your situation. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Personally, I would take my time and get to know the lady as well as you can. There are many success stories but there also many which didn`t work out.  I would also read Big Macs thread on here as that will give you some insight into what can happen in some circumstances. Good luck with whatever you decide.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

You would be able to apply for a 13A visa (married to a Philippine citizen).   Tourist visas are not required if you have a valid 13A but you are still required to do an annual report to BOI in Jan/Feb of each year.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Personally I wouldn't even be looking at the hypothetical chances. The Philippines sad to say is a whole new ball game when it comes to relationships. If you are thinking of marriage at least get to like the person in real life not through the web. I know too many professional scammers and down right nut jobs that are lovely to chat to for short periods of time. 

If you marry here and the mask slips then you can be in for a whole lot of pain. Come here, by all means live with someone for a couple of years and get to know her friends and family as they will have a massive influence on any relationship. 

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If you plan to live in Philippines being marred to a Filipino Citizen as others have pointed out a 13A visa is an advantage.

Filipino Citizenship is impossible for an average Foreigner. 

Don't get into any financial obligations with someone online. If the person is asking money clearly that's a red flag. On the other hand many of us have met and are married to wonderful Filipinas. Good luck!

• Like 3