Continuation of a scam

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'd previously posted that my friend in my opinion was getting scammed by his partner. 

A quick recap. He'd met her on holiday and two days later she moved in with him.  She convinced him she doesn't do Facebook or chismis but within no time that turned out to be a pack of lies. She has 5 accounts and is worse than the media for spreading things. 

After the first month she was pregnant and they had a little boy who looks nothing like him. I did the maths and dates just never tied in. 

Scroll forward to two days ago and I get a friend suggestion on Facebook. I clicked on it and there was photos of a Filipino holding my friends son. He is identical to the baby. Even some of his friends were commenting it's his son.  I showed the photos to my partner who recognised the guy as the son of her previous employer. 

My other friend shares the house with him so I showed him the photos as he had his doubts. My other friend said the guy is the tricycle driver that she always uses. Looks like he's followed her here. My friend works off shore so is away two months at a time.  The idiot s talking about setting her up in business and buying her a house then setting a trust fund up for the kid. 

There's going to be some fireworks when my friend returns as I just can't keep this to myself and let a mate get screwed over. To make it worse he uses one name as a tricycle driver but his real name is a shortened version of the babies name. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If every thing you say is true and I have no reason to doubt it. Your friend could be in danger. If it comes out that you were the one to alert him you could be in danger as well. A vary sad situation. 

• Like 5

Clermont
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

There's going to be some fireworks when my friend returns as I just can't keep this to myself and let a mate get screwed over.

I would do the same as you, but I would have all the facts layed out for him to see before getting in to deep ,were there is a child involved, a bloke takes a lot of convincing the child isn't his. For josh sake don't be like a bull at a gate trying to convince him and do it over a cuppa not a beer. :thumbsup:

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Well we had the conversation.  Fortunately or unfortunately people had got to him and her previously allowing her time to get her alibi in I think. 

I'd gone to have words with him but he'd had a few rums so I said I'd chat with him later.  I was away for a few days and he texted me saying he'd heard rumours that there was doubts to the father of the kid.  I told him to wait until I get back as I'd rather chat face to face.  

The outcome was I laid the facts out about the dates etc not tying up and the kid looking 100% Asian.   I pointed out I wasn't the only one that had noticed and regardless how angry he got with the people talking behind his back you can't change peoples thoughts.  I let him know I had his back and was only saying this as I don't want to see a mate getting screwed. 

He admitted she had just told him she had a one night stand with a fellow Filipino at the time she met him and just maybe he could be the father. 

I told him I knew 100% she was only out the night they met as she had an argument with her Filipino boyfriend.  She'd told him her last boyfriend was a Canadian, another lie as her previous non Asian boyfriend was an Israeli and she'd even called him her husband on her hidden Facebook accounts. 

I've left it up to him but told him if he wants further proof I'm happy to show him screenshots of information I'd found out.  I told him to get a DNA test but I think he already knows the answer.  At least it's given him an insight into the girl he is with.  My only fear is he has built up too much of a happy family picture that he will be too embarrassed to admit it. 

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Well we had the conversation.  Fortunately or unfortunately people had got to him and her previously allowing her time to get her alibi in I think. 

I'd gone to have words with him but he'd had a few rums so I said I'd chat with him later.  I was away for a few days and he texted me saying he'd heard rumours that there was doubts to the father of the kid.  I told him to wait until I get back as I'd rather chat face to face.  

The outcome was I laid the facts out about the dates etc not tying up and the kid looking 100% Asian.   I pointed out I wasn't the only one that had noticed and regardless how angry he got with the people talking behind his back you can't change peoples thoughts.  I let him know I had his back and was only saying this as I don't want to see a mate getting screwed. 

He admitted she had just told him she had a one night stand with a fellow Filipino at the time she met him and just maybe he could be the father. 

I told him I knew 100% she was only out the night they met as she had an argument with her Filipino boyfriend.  She'd told him her last boyfriend was a Canadian, another lie as her previous non Asian boyfriend was an Israeli and she'd even called him her husband on her hidden Facebook accounts. 

I've left it up to him but told him if he wants further proof I'm happy to show him screenshots of information I'd found out.  I told him to get a DNA test but I think he already knows the answer.  At least it's given him an insight into the girl he is with.  My only fear is he has built up too much of a happy family picture that he will be too embarrassed to admit it. 

You're a good friend and did the best you can do at this point.  Hang with him and continue to give support.  Not much else you can do.  Good luck to the both of you.:tiphat:

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

You only can say so much until you know you are wasting your time, but I would rather have a friend who tells me how it is all the time.

• Like 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, stevewool said:

You only can say so much until you know you are wasting your time, but I would rather have a friend who tells me how it is all the time.

Agree. I'd rather hear the truth from a friend. I'm not a shoot the messenger type for that reason - those who are that type will end up living in their own vacuum.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, stevewool said:

I would rather have a friend who tells me how it is all the time.

Most people say that until his friends start telling him that all of his friends have been sleeping with his wife when he is at work.  I had that happen to me and it still amazes me to think that I blamed all my friends at that time (I was in my 20s) and it took quite a while to realize the one to blame is the wife.  Love is blind, deaf and dumb!

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Love is blind, deaf and dumb!

:thumbsup: Yet we never Fully learn :whistling: Then again, if we think on:

Experience.jpg

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a meme
  • Like 5

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Hard to convince someone who is smitten and in love that what they feel, and believe isn't true. I only hope that he comes to his senses!:mellow:

• Like 1