Retiring

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Heeb said:

I love it here as well, except that on this side of the Cascades we have brutal winters,

I moved from Salem, Oregon to Yakima late in the year, I think it was 1982.  The winter that year was absolutely brutal!  There was a stretch of 30+ plus days where the temperature never reached zero.  This being the USA that is in Farenheit of course.  There were a number of nights when the temperature reached 20 below zero.  Mechanics stayed busy the entire month going around to start cars that frozen moisture in the fuel lines.  I had to have a block heater installed on my Nissan pickup so I would be able to start it in the mornings.  That was my first of 32 winters in Yakima and it turned out to be the worst in terms of the continuous cold temperatures.  I do not miss those Yakima winters even a little bit.

• Like 2

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

I moved from Salem, Oregon to Yakima late in the year, I think it was 1982.  The winter that year was absolutely brutal!  There was a stretch of 30+ plus days where the temperature never reached zero.  That was my first of 32 winters in Yakima and it turned out to be the worst in terms of the continuous cold temperatures.  I do not miss those Yakima winters even a little bit.

Gotta say I do Not envy you one bit. Grew up with some bitter cold winters in western NC, but nothing out here in NW Washington like y’all both experienced in eastern WA. Did fair amount of work over there and Montana in 90’s, But no long term there.  Worst heat experienced was the oven called Iraq. Anyway, reckon we’re all happy with a choice of the Philippines now or in near future.  Cheers 🍻!

• Like 2