Retiring

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Heeb said:

I'm considering letting my sister stay at the house so she can watch our cats, the problem is she's a complete mess, she's an unemployed ex flight attendant who can pound twice as many beers as I can, and we're talking double IPA's, none of the airlines will hire her anymore because she has two DUI's. The last time she watched our house for us when we went on vacation she burned the kitchen down, my one experience with renters was even worse. I'll probably go with the psycho sister plan.

Wow , and I thought I had a few worries in all my future plans, joking aside keep your house but get a few extra  fire extinguishers .

• Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well I done the 4% lark and the other bits and bobs too with what I should have in cash.

Just have to fund myself until my state pension kicks in when I hit 66 , then I shall be even richer , 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

joking aside

If you are doing it right ( retiring that is) it won't take you long to wonder" how you ever had time to go to work"  :smile:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

If you are doing it right ( retiring that is) it won't take you long to wonder" how you ever had time to go to work"  :smile:

I have been trying to use some of my holidays up before I leave , the odd few days here and there and it’s been great.

The difference from having the working week off and pleasing yourself what you would like to do and where you would like to go to, and even doing nothing has been great, no rushing and trying to do everything in just the 2 days at the weekend when the rest of the world is trying to do the same.

Myself and even Emma are now ready to start this next adventure.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I thought I had a few worries in all my future plans,

Well Steve, I will just leave this here   Time and Money.jpg

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, JJReyes said:

You need to be careful about deceptive presumptions like, "With $1,000 a month, in the Philippines, you can live like a king."  That's a good amount for a typical Filipino family

I think that saying of live like a king for 1000 a month is about 20 years old so since then things have changed. :cheersty:

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

davewe
Posted
Posted
On 3/23/2019 at 1:53 AM, stevewool said:

Don’t know if you know this but I am about to retire this coming Friday 29th March

You're retiring? Really? I read many of your posts and don't recall your ever mentioning this - lol.

Anyway congrats. I'm coming on two years and haven't missed work for a second!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Heeb
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, stevewool said:

Wow , and I thought I had a few worries in all my future plans, joking aside keep your house but get a few extra  fire extinguishers .

Sometimes after a few beers I post things that I regret, even though it what true she is my sister. She currently stays with my mom and dad who are in there 80's in a two bedroom townhouse, my dad is okay with it but my mom is English and she can't let it be, no one can spew venom like a bitter old English women IMO, she's old school "you made your bloody bed now lay in it"

My poor dad is caught in the middle and that's why I will ask her to move here to defuse an explosive situation.

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:
On 3/23/2019 at 7:29 AM, JJReyes said:

You need to be careful about deceptive presumptions like, "With $1,000 a month, in the Philippines, you can live like a king."  That's a good amount for a typical Filipino family

I think that saying of live like a king for 1000 a month is about 20 years old so since then things have changed. :cheersty:

Panama was advertising $1,000 a month retirement until two years ago.  One of their government agencies or associations had television commercials in cable channels.  The psychology, whether the Philippines or Panama, is to exclaim, "Heh!  I have $2,000.  I should move overseas."  

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Heeb said:

I'm considering letting my sister stay at the house so she can watch our cats, the problem is she's a complete mess, she's an unemployed ex flight attendant who can pound twice as many beers as I can, and we're talking double IPA's, none of the airlines will hire her anymore because she has two DUI's. The last time she watched our house for us when we went on vacation she burned the kitchen down, my one experience with renters was even worse. I'll probably go with the psycho sister plan.

Is she single? Asking for a friend. :whistling:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 4