Retiring

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Sell now and buy back for half the price after Brexit! :tongue: 

Once the pound increases in value you may consider buying a small town in Spain. :hystery:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Once the pound increases in value you may consider buying a small town in Spain. :hystery:

Hey, I'm stocked up on pounds - I reckon I will be able to afford to buy Madrid once the pound rockets!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I reckon I will be able to afford to buy Madrid once the pound rockets!

:sad: Glad but Sad to say that I own 2 Properties and 80% of a bar in Spain and I have to Admit. I am now a little worried :hungover_40_anim_gif:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:sad: Glad but Sad to say that I own 2 Properties and 80% of a bar in Spain and I have to Admit. I am now a little worried :hungover_40_anim_gif:

Look on the bright side - you could have owned 100% of the bar! :smile:

On a serious note though, it does highlight again that all our great plans and projections can be blown out of the water anytime for reasons outside our control. :wink: 

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Looking for a place in Spain if the price is right plus the area too.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I am still happy with all my/ ours or it it her plans for our future, where ever we are as long as we are together we shall do ok.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

If it weren't for the wife I would probably give Spain a go, i love it there but I've only been as a tourist. I did some research and I don't believe they tax government pensions.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

One big problem is you will only get 90 days free travel within the EU so longterm you may have to become a citizen. There was a British guy on the radio this morning who has lived in Austria for 25 years. He would need citizenship to stay, not a problem but Austria deosn't allow dual citizenship.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

One big problem is you will only get 90 days free travel within the EU so longterm you may have to become a citizen

Spain offers both an investor and retirement visa.  Because of the number of Brits living in retirement, the Spanish government is studying the possibility of offering a program allowing them to remain on a special visa.  Still under review.  For example, will this special visa extend to future retirees or do they just grandfather those who are current residents under EU?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, stevewool said:

Looking for a place in Spain if the price is right plus the area too.

Steve, don't do anything rash at this time, IF we come out with no deal, we may all lose our Residentia in any part of the EU especially Spain, we could become Aliens there again and that is what is worrying not just me but 0000's of Brits in Spain. no right to own :huh: