Retiring

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Steve, don't do anything rash at this time, IF we come out with no deal, we may all lose our Residentia in any part of the EU especially Spain, we could become Aliens there again and that is what is worrying not just me but 0000's of Brits in Spain. no right to own :huh: 

I'll need to find the data but Spain has already agreed to allow Brits to retain their status with no change even in a no deal Brexit.  To be fair Brits keep a large part of Spain's economy ticking over.  There would be ghost towns if the Brits were forced to leave. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I'll need to find the data but Spain has already agreed to allow Brits to retain their status with no change even in a no deal Brexit.  To be fair Brits keep a large part of Spain's economy ticking over.  There would be ghost towns if the Brits were forced to leave. 

Ok for now but knowing the Spanish, I honestly do not trust them, I have had my Partner on the Phone and he tells me that Cadiz Province is already warning Brits to start thinking about their businesses, This is the Area of my concern. Let's face it the UK  is backtracking and I get a Gut feeling that Spain may do the Same  Just have to wait and see But in the Spanish Constitution it was a no Buy situation and that was relaxed when we Joined the EU or at least when They did as a concession. Monday Morning may bring some news that will suit all but I for one will not be holding my breath too long. Then I have to worry about my Apartments in Malta as it seems whatever Spain does Malta will follow. It's all a big F,,k UP and so very Worrying.

BTW it took my Friend 4 hours to leave GIBRALTAR last night, and that is after Spain saying we will not mess about the Border crossing YEAH! Right. I DON"T Trust the Spanish one little bit :56da632e94212_1(60):

Gibraltar border queue.jpg Gibraltar queue 2.png

• Hmm thinking 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Just remember that they need us more than we need them. :hystery:

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Steve, don't do anything rash at this time, IF we come out with no deal, we may all lose our Residentia in any part of the EU especially Spain, we could become Aliens there again and that is what is worrying not just me but 0000's of Brits in Spain. no right to own :huh: 

We are in no rush to do anything Jack, rent first if Spain is a place to live.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

For those thinking about Retiring in Spain or have doubts on Retirement with this damn Brexit thing Looming. Here is what we are being offered by Spain. there are other things about it but I would hate to see it get into a Political Arena so this is just personal. :huh:

https://www.thelocal.es/20190219/this-is-what-the-spanish-are-promising-brits-if-there-is-a-no-deal-brexit

personally I think it stinks But..................................................what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

300k Brits living in Spain, half of them are pensioners. 150k Spanish living in the UK, 5% of them are pensioners. So pensioners go and spend their cash in Spain, Spanish come and earn money in the UK and send a chunk back to Spain. Good luck to them with their 14% unemployment rate if they want to end that little deal.

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On 3/27/2019 at 5:58 AM, fillipino_wannabe said:

300k Brits living in Spain, half of them are pensioners. 150k Spanish living in the UK, 5% of them are pensioners. So pensioners go and spend their cash in Spain, Spanish come and earn money in the UK and send a chunk back to Spain. Good luck to them with their 14% unemployment rate if they want to end that little deal.

Retirees are 365 days tourists and their annual expenditure is important.  However, some experts contend that a visitor staying for only 3 to 7 days is better because the money they spend daily is much, much higher.  Likewise, the local resources consumed is much lower because their stay is short.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Waiting anxiously for the final report!  :58:

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Waiting anxiously for the final report!  :58:

Well did you or didn't you :hystery:

Steve you are wished the very best of Luck in your retirement