Premium Economy

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, russellmania said:

I fly Premium Economy with Eva Air for the larger seats and leg room which is helpful when you are 6 ft 6 inches tall. I didn notice any lumbar support but I didn check also. I have lower back probs sometimes so I just slide my pillow down my back and recline the seat and im good! Im getting very close to Gold mileage membership because the last two trips I was upgraded to Laurel Class without asking. But man  traveling in those cubicles is the way to fly 16 hrs if you can!!

Years ago Eva had really good deals for premium economy and I used it a few times for a small premium over economy.  The last time I checked it was not such a good deal anymore.

I didn't mind paying extra for premium economy when I was single, but now, with a family of 5, that is no longer in play!

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Years ago Eva had really good deals for premium economy and I used it a few times for a small premium over economy.  The last time I checked it was not such a good deal anymore.

I didn't mind paying extra for premium economy when I was single, but now, with a family of 5, that is no longer in play!

Eva Air economy I can fly for under $1000 and Premium Economy from $1300 to $1500. In PE 100% or more of your miles go into your membership club. I wanted to hurry up and get the Gold Membership so I can board the plane with group A, the First Class flyers. Then I might go back to economy class.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, russellmania said:

Eva Air economy I can fly for under $1000 and Premium Economy from $1300 to $1500. In PE 100% or more of your miles go into your membership club. I wanted to hurry up and get the Gold Membership so I can board the plane with group A, the First Class flyers. Then I might go back to economy class.

I was curious and earlier today I looked at the EVA fares LAX/MNL.  They sure make it complicated now!  3 levels of economy and 3 levels of premium economy.   I still had this on my screen:

Screenshot (441).png

• Hmm thinking 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted

I always go with the cheapest in Premium Economy. But it seems in basic economy the mileage added to your account is different is some cases with 50%,75%, and 100% so it seems you pay more to add more miles to your acct.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, hk blues said:

Premium Economy and Business Class are for the poor.  You need First Class and it's only 900,000 PHP from Manilla to London! :tongue:

PHP 900,000 is the published rate, not what you pay unless you purchase the tickets directly from the airlines.  The reason for the inflated price is large corporations negotiate cost per seat and it is the same for consolidators who purchase discount seats on Business and First for their clientele.  For example, there was a recent article about Apple Corporation who annually negotiates with United Airlines Business and First between San Francisco and cities in China where their stuff are manufactured.  The contract is a whooping $150 million.  The US military has similar contracts with all US airlines in economy.  I read that their soldiers returning home from the Middle East are entitled to 6 suitcases.  

• Like 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whistling: Bet you don't get too many of them in PE ( Premium Economy) :wink:

You dont get NONE in PE! I got upgraded twice to the Laurel  Class without asking. Once in Taiwan going to Houston and at the waiting area they called my name so I walk up to the desk expecting to hear bad news. The agent asked for my boarding pass 26A, then he was tapping on his computer and I saw 10A boarding pass which he handed to me. I said Hot Damn im riding in style!! The second time was in Houston as you give the gate agent your boarding pass she scans it and it beeps and you move on. When I handed her my pass it BUZZED and im like Oh Hell whats up??? She told me to stand to the side. I waited a few mins and she handed me another pass with a lower number in Laurel Class. Eva Air is alright in my book!!!!!

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, JJReyes said:

PHP 900,000 is the published rate, not what you pay unless you purchase the tickets directly from the airlines.  The reason for the inflated price is large corporations negotiate cost per seat and it is the same for consolidators who purchase discount seats on Business and First for their clientele.  For example, there was a recent article about Apple Corporation who annually negotiates with United Airlines Business and First between San Francisco and cities in China where their stuff are manufactured.  The contract is a whooping $150 million.  The US military has similar contracts with all US airlines in economy.  I read that their soldiers returning home from the Middle East are entitled to 6 suitcases.  

They'd need to discount by at least 10% to make it interesting to me.

10% OF the quoted fare, not 10% OFF the quoted fare b.t.w. :wink:

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I only have two criteria, cost, as cheap as possible and stop over time. Anything more than 3 hours is a PITA.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

The last few times I flew with Eva I had emergency exit seats no need for an upgrade.