Premium Economy

Gary D
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

The last few times I flew with Eva I had emergency exit seats no need for an upgrade.

Many airlines charge extrs for those now.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

The last few times I flew with Eva I had emergency exit seats no need for an upgrade.

They prefer younger fit persons to sit there in case of emergency :whistling: Not saying you're not Mate :hystery:

• Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yes nice soft padded seats with extra room is great. Me being negitive still thinks if the plane makes a vertical dive and hits the ground at such speed that nothing is left then won't make much difference where you sat. 

:shades:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

My mother is older than most here.  She flew here in Premium economy and she enjoyed it.  She said it is the way first class "used to be" but I suspect she is thinking of first class in the 1960's 

First class.jpg

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 3/26/2019 at 10:24 PM, JJReyes said:

PHP 900,000 is the published rate

Do you get to keep the plane if you pay that rate? :dance:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 3/27/2019 at 7:43 PM, sonjack2847 said:

I just did my seat selection for my Sept to Nov trip and the economy exit row seats are going for $45 a pop. I think Gold Members get dibs on them no charge! LOL!

Edited by russellmania
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 3/28/2019 at 2:40 PM, jimeve said:

They prefer younger fit persons to sit there in case of emergency :whistling: Not saying you're not Mate :hystery:

The last time I flew EVA was 2012. So yes I was younger I think.:89:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, russellmania said:

I just did my seat selection for my Sept to Nov trip and the economy exit row seats are going for $45 a pop. I think Gold Members get dibs on them no charge! LOL!

Thanks for that. If it were just me and the wife great value but traveling with our 13 & 17 year old boys so can't do it.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On 3/28/2019 at 5:34 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

My mother is older than most here.  She flew here in Premium economy and she enjoyed it.  She said it is the way first class "used to be" but I suspect she is thinking of first class in the 1960's 

First class.jpg

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

One of my early childhood memories is flying on a BOAC Stratosphere from Europe to the Philippines.  The flight and stops totaled 36 hours because aircrafts in those days required frequent refueling.  What is now overhead baggage compartments had bunk beds for children.  I recall my panic after realizing the ladder was removed once you were up.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted
On 3/26/2019 at 3:30 AM, OnMyWay said:

Years ago Eva had really good deals for premium economy and I used it a few times for a small premium over economy.  The last time I checked it was not such a good deal anymore.

I didn't mind paying extra for premium economy when I was single, but now, with a family of 5, that is no longer in play!

I'm in the same boat!

• Like 1