Water treatment plan for a small business

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I use two deep pits , one of the pits is about 60ft deep and the other about 40.

One takes the waste from the house and the other waste from the farm

My intention is to minimise any environmental impact , ive had the gf whom is the safety officer from davao water and her boss whom is now a director advise me on  the matter , i have the same aproved disinfectants that hospitals use to kill bacteria

Ive been inspected by the Agricultural guys and they were very happy with my set up 

The locals just let it all drain into a stream ,the stream that i cross before i reach my farm is used as an open sewer , tge other pig farms just dump straight into it 

I know that in Davao they have some large projects running to imprive water supply and sewage

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

I use two deep pits , one of the pits is about 60ft deep and the other about 40.

DEEP Question mark.jpg:shades:

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

DEEP Question mark.jpg:shades:

Yes , im pretty sure that treasure hunters dug them , the strata must have been a night mare ,i assume that the ground is volcanic , after getting through the thin top soil , you meet rocks ,some are as big as a small car others the size of footballs 

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Impressive that you do the right thing.

I am curious if you plan to somehow harvest the pig stuff for fertilizer?

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Old55 said:

Impressive that you do the right thing.

I am curious if you plan to somehow harvest the pig stuff for fertilizer?

I will harvest the pig stuff for fertiliser,  but i also will be looking into methane capture , there are pig farns that use the pig manure to create methane , a by product of composting , the methane is captured and then used for either  cooking or to run a generator ,thus creating additional revenue or cost savings 

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I will harvest the pig stuff for fertiliser,  but i also will be looking into methane capture , there are pig farns that use the pig manure to create methane , a by product of composting , the methane is captured and then used for either  cooking or to run a generator ,thus creating additional revenue or cost savings 

i've seen youtube video of methane simply produced in useful qualities on smaller that your scale. That's a great idea. How would it work?  You would compost and harvest gas once composted remove the fertilizer and start over. I guess you would have at least two 'cookers" or whatever you call them.

I'm pleased this is working for you frankly I had my doubts from all that you shared. It seems as though you worked through all the issues so glad you proved us wrong! :tiphat:

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1