Lessons learned.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Made the mistake this morning of trying to go to the 1st day of a 5 day sale at S&R Imus. Sale days they open at 8am so we left the house at 7am figuring we'd have plenty of time to get there at the opening. Normally it's a 40 min. drive. Aguinaldo highway was so backed up with sale goers that we didn't even get a parking spot till 9:45. When we got out of the car and headed towards the entrance we saw a line of people waiting to get in that stretched the whole length of the store. My GF and I just looked at each other and said no f-ing way. We figured that if the lines to get in are this bad, then the lines at the registers would be just as bad. Got back in the car and went back home.:shock_40_anim_gif::boohoo::6:  

When I lived in Cebu city I made a special journey to country mall after reading a newspaper ad stating 50% off of most things. I never found 1 item with 50% off. I don`t make special trips any more.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

When I lived in Cebu city I made a special journey to country mall after reading a newspaper ad stating 50% off of most things. I never found 1 item with 50% off. I don`t make special trips any more.

That's SM's style - Up to 70% banners everywhere but most items without discount or a paltry 10% or so.  Many items brought in just for the sale and wheeled away until the next one. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Many items brought in just for the sale and wheeled away until the next one. 

Usually I would suspect, stuff that they can't sell normally, ie; sizes, colours, when I worked at House of Fraser in the Uk (when I left the Service) that is exactly what they did :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Manufacturing sales goods is big business.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Manufacturing sales goods is big business.

It's like the outlet malls that began cropping up in the UK in the last couple of decades - there were a few real bargains but the majority of stuff seemed to be specially manufactured for these outlets rather then regular items normally sold in the "real" stores.  

• Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Lazada had their birthday sale yesterday, Wifes store sold double her previous best day despite prices being the same. Some of her competitors had their prices higher, add 20% then offer a 10% discount lol.

Edited by fillipino_wannabe
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Rayj
Posted
Posted

SM Tarlac had a 50% discount sign on a rack of belts but naturally the good one I wanted was not on sale. I bought it anyway. Today I went back forr another for my brothers pasalubong. They were running a big sale with merchandise brought out of the department store and situated at the entrance and running up and down the mall. I got 10% off the belt I wanted. So I got lucky by waiting :biggrin:. As part of the promo there was a drum corps marching through the mall in costume. Around 16 marchers/drummers.