Your Filipina wife or GF have a temper?

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 3/29/2019 at 8:15 AM, Old55 said:

Any members with a FIlipina wife or GF have a bit of a temper?

(Asking for a friend)

My GF. has one hell of a temper..just not with me. I've seen her go off on security guards and other people to the max. Takes awhile to calm her down but she still talks about how stupid they were hours later.:2245_safe:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

When mine says, "Stop Talking", then I know I crossed some imaginary red line somewhere.  Usually does not get visibly angry and almost never any tampo, But THAT LOOK!  Oh, that LOOK!  Shiver me timbers!  It feels like that Neagan guy on Walking Dead holding his wire wrapped baseball bat, looking at you just before he whacks your head.  Fear!

I feel fairly lucky after reading this topic. L has a temper and 95% of it is directed at others. But it is a muted anger - only really got a bit loud once and then more of tampo than anything else, but not really so much - and it never lasts long. Almost all our few disagreements seem to have their roots in language misunderstandings and also my forthrightness. A lot of us foreigners have that reputation - and rightly so, I believe - to be rather blunt and direct. I often accidentally speak my mind a bit too directly and then get redirected - usually politely - by L. We always make up (and more) very quickly after any issues...

Maybe I am talking way out of school here, but in a few relationships I have observed, I believe Latin blood seems to have something to do with it? After all, don't Latins have a reputation as hot lovers with hot tempers - males and females alike? But again, I have also seen white-hot anger in other island and Asian females - namely Chinese and even in the tiny nation of Palau - where I lived for a while... However, I do remember friends advising me to be ware of Philippine female temper, not about any other cultures......

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Maybe I am talking way out of school here, but in a few relationships I have observed, I believe Latin blood seems to have something to do with it? After all, don't Latins have a reputation as hot lovers with hot tempers - males and females alike? But again, I have also seen white-hot anger in other island and Asian females - namely Chinese and even in the tiny nation of Palau - where I lived for a while... However, I do remember friends advising me to be ware of Philippine female temper, not about any other cultures......

I'm not such a believer in this theory - I think the main difference is that in some cultures people have a higher tolerance level but once that is reached a sudden outburst comes - I think Filipinas fit this idea.  I'd say in some other cultures, the rage builds up step-by-step so it's less obvious when the peak comes. 

I find the Chinese language makes them seem aggressive when it's not necessarily the case - in my experience in Hong Kong anyway.  

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'm not such a believer in this theory - I think the main difference is that in some cultures people have a higher tolerance level but once that is reached a sudden outburst comes - I think Filipinas fit this idea.  I'd say in some other cultures, the rage builds up step-by-step so it's less obvious when the peak comes. 

That's an interesting theory too. I know that Filipino's, in general, seem to have a higher tolerance for being in close together and for waiting in queues. And I remember reading how Japanese crowd together tightly on mass transit and some live in apartments or homes with only paper walls separating them - I could not easily do that. I only have had very limited contacts with Chinese, but the ones I did have showed them to be rather aggressive by nature and pushy. But these are generalities and only based on my few encounters.

At least L seems relatively even tempered so I feel lucky about that. But she gets irritated faster than her peers when she observes or experiences things that just don't make sense... She doesn't always think "inside the box" as we both see so many people doing around us. If something doesn't make sense, then she does what seems right, rather than following "the rules." But she really doesn't explode... rather simmers at a slow burn at worst...

• Like 3

Viking
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

A lot of us foreigners have that reputation - and rightly so, I believe - to be rather blunt and direct. I often accidentally speak my mind a bit too directly and then get redirected - usually politely - by L. We always make up (and more) very quickly after any issues...

In my opinion pinoys/pinays can be even more direct than us. I have often heared people being told how fat they have become, but I am not really sure if they mean it as a compliment or not :89: They can also be very fast in criticizing other pinoys not speaking perfect English.

4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

At least L seems relatively even tempered so I feel lucky about that. But she gets irritated faster than her peers when she observes or experiences things that just don't make sense... She doesn't always think "inside the box" as we both see so many people doing around us. If something doesn't make sense, then she does what seems right, rather than following "the rules." But she really doesn't explode... rather simmers at a slow burn at worst…

Thats a good thing that she use her own mind instead of just following what others do :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Viking said:

In my opinion pinoys/pinays can be even more direct than us. I have often heared people being told how fat they have become, but I am not really sure if they mean it as a compliment or not :89: They can also be very fast in criticizing other pinoys not speaking perfect English.

I have seen them be direct in questioning me - how much do you get in retirement, what is your rent? But generally, to me, they seem reserved around foreigners but not themselves. They can have wicked sense of humour and it is not always possible to get it... I have noted foreigners, specifically Americans and Germans who get downright mean when not getting their way or feeling the service from a government bureaucrat or sales person is not adequate. I understand the foreigners' frustrations and have been a bit less than charitable a few times myself - and always regretted it later. So I am a long way from perfect - believe me!

I really admire L. for her temperament and also for her willingness to use her mind to do what's right and not follow the rules by rote. I will not give all the details, but L. told me about how some bureaucrats on a trip ( a junket for them) bumped the student competitor teams so they and their own kids could get the earlier flight home - after the teams were already woken up and transported at the last minute (3 am) to get to the airport early to be on that flight, only to be told they would have to wait - at the airport now rather than getting to sleep in beds in dorms. She read them the riot act and criticized them openly for taking their comped, free flights and pushing the teams aside. She said they were quiet, embarrassed (as they should be!) and contrite and finally let the teams go ahead. She thought she would get fired, but didn't care by then. They respected her for her stand and she is still a bit of a legend in some administrative circles - in a good way... I am very proud of her for that.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

They respected her for her stand and she is still a bit of a legend in some administrative circles - in a good way... 

I'm unsure if she was really respected by those she embarrassed in public - as we know that is usually a no-no here.  

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1