Your Filipina wife or GF have a temper?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm unsure if she was really respected by those she embarrassed in public - as we know that is usually a no-no here.  

Hk... I guess nobody can be totally sure about that - agreed. Saving face is a very big thing in Asian cultures, I understand, so I see your point.

Perhaps I should better have said that it appears they respected her for her stand...? As it is, she has worked with many of those same individuals since, advanced in her career and does have a bit of a reputation for being somewhat outspoken. The incident occurred several years ago. There may be some lingering resentments(?) but, if so, they have not affected her adversely so far as she is aware. . I still like her attitude and displays of free will.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

It will be interesting to see how Tess gets on when get back, she's spent the last 20+ years in the UK and is used things working. She doesn't suffer fools gladly at the best of times.

• Like 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 3/29/2019 at 10:03 AM, jimeve said:

that's when I get a beer and go to the top floor out of her way

"Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife."   Seems like men discovered the secret of how to live with the "short angry one" thousands of year ago? :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 5/30/2019 at 4:32 PM, stevewool said:

Yes I agree, the silent treatment and you have no idea what you have done said when where and how .

Similar how ever when it eventually comes out at least I know with 100% certainty whose fault it always is. Now when something is coming up, like a rain storm, sorry dear it's my fault.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• 5 weeks later...
Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

My Gf and I irritate each other in a fun kinda joking way almost every day. But when I can see that she is serious I back off immediately. :shake_80_anim_gif:  

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

My Gf and I irritate each other in a fun kinda joking way almost every day. But when I can see that she is serious I back off immediately.

You are a wise man, AK...

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted

My wife and I very rarely have arguments but when we do its usually because she does not like me drinking, well not so much having a couple of drinks but getting drunk is what she hates, I am a happy drunk. The issue is for her that it damages my health and she hates anything that could shorten my life, it also doesn't help  she can't drink because her stomach operation some years ago will not tolerate booze of any type and we all know being sober with people who are drunk, joking etc is not much fun!! I am not often the sober one at a party unless in the UK and have to drive us home, I do agree that backing down is the best option though as she would have a real bad temper which I have only seen a couple of times :cheers: 

• Like 5

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

In our relationship, when she gets angry I stay the same....but when I get angry, she gets angry too!  

So she flares up like a match no matter which one of us is to blame.  Lucky for me, it rarely lasts more than a few hours :)  Haven't had to sleep on the porch yet, knock on wood.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2