NOISY DOGS

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Maybe that is changing as l now see so many with usually small dogs taking them with them every where and into restaurants. Well here in the IT park at least. 

That will never change at least not in the provence. Where I live there is about 12 dogs that run about in 2 or 3 packs barking and fighting.

Reported to the barangay captain, nothing happens as per usual. All day long and most times at night. I have built my/wifes house long before  these lokals lived here.

Made the mistake of building, should have rented, but......

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Reported to the barangay captain, nothing happens as per usual.

I would like to think my dogs are Blameless but I am not naive enough to  believe this However, when ours (Captain) came down a couple of days ago he saw that mine were good UNLESS a stray came 1/2/3 or more. then he actually admitted the problem was loose dogs on the Road, we mentioned that it was a Barangay responsibility to round up these dogs and he told us we have a catcher But................. As you say Jim, it will never happen :whatever:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Maybe that is changing as l now see so many with usually small dogs taking them with them every where and into restaurants. Well here in the IT park at least. 

Yes, same here in the freeport and somewhat also in Olongapo.  There are still plenty of mistreated dogs in Olongapo but not many in our old Navy neighborhood.  We have some regular "strays" running around but I think most of those are caretakers dogs and they look ok.  The residents complain about them but nothing is ever done because SBMA does not have a true dog catcher program.  The fire fighters are supposed to get them!  What a joke!

The other comments reminded me of the one problem dog we had near us.  The Saudi Arabian neighbor bought a purebred German Shepard from another neighbor I know, who loves GS and breeds them.  I'm sure he regrets selling a pup to the Saudi Arabian.  The guy was ok when the dog was a pup and still growing, but once the dog was grown it was locked in a cage in the back corner of the property, where the highlight of it's day was to have a monkey come by.  They are gone now.  This is now the house in my Steel Beam Construction thread.

graham59
Posted
Posted

Let's be honest, most dogs are a pain in the arse to 'peace-loving' neighbours, whoever owns the damned things. 

You all think yours is marvellous, and wouldn't hurt a fly,  apart from nasty potential home invaders. You don't notice it barking day and night.  bla bla . 

If you need fearsome ones to 'protect' your property, then you're living in the wrong place.  Are you crazy ?

Sorry to (inevitably) offend.  

I had a beautiful Border Collie for 15 years, who I had TRAINED not to upset the neighbours, amongst other things ! 

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

Let's be honest, most dogs are a pain in the arse to 'peace-loving' neighbours, whoever owns the damned things. 

You all think yours is marvellous, and wouldn't hurt a fly,  apart from nasty potential home invaders. You don't notice it barking day and night.  bla bla . 

If you need fearsome ones to 'protect' your property, then you're living in the wrong place.  Are you crazy ?

Sorry to (inevitably) offend.  

I had a beautiful Border Collie for 15 years, who I had TRAINED not to upset the neighbours, amongst other things ! 

8966AD8E-6F1F-4B30-AAAF-BE5754E0B4D8.jpeg

• Love it 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

In the area, JP and I live things are changing, the locals have started to complain as well. The lady in the shop by us told me that the dogs next door to me are "very angry" they bark at anything going past I told her to talk to the neighbors and explain that if their dogs bite anybody they would be liable to pay for Rabies shots which is around18k. They do not do it so much now. I also heard another neighbor ask them whos doge they were as he nearly ran one over. I feel that some dog owners local and expats send their dogs out so as they don`t get the noise near their house. A lot of the problems with dogs here are that the owners get bored with them and spend no time with them.  Unfortunately, RBM`s problem is a whole different kettle of fish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Unfortunately, RBM`s problem is a whole different kettle of fish.

Even though early days I see the Jack Russell has been moved far from us, boy are they noisy. The others are OK do not worry me. Our area has heaps of dogs, almost all guard dogs kept behind fences on chains.....crazy.

Unless people passing by its quiet, how ever two or three times a night one starts to howl and soon after others join in, including our rotti. This last around 3 minutes but seems like 10.....Never struck it before and interested if anybody else experienced this.

Another note, I was renting for several years and have zero regrets about building, best thing ever did. I do not prescribe to running every time one has a hiccup.

• Like 3

Viking
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

A lot of the problems with dogs here are that the owners get bored with them and spend no time with them.  

This is very true, a dog needs mental stimulation and exercise. Few dogs get that in Philippines and I think thats the biggest reason why the situation is like it is.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Most likely imported dogs right?:sad: Filipinos love to show off.

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Most likely imported dogs right?:sad: Filipinos love to show off.

They are pedigree type. Often they have two. Also many are lap dogs. 

We do have maybe 10 or so strays that live here but they are quite healthy looking. At night you can often see 5 or so sleeping on the retainer block walls around the pyramid restaurant. They must like it as it's high. 

• Like 2