NOISY DOGS

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

They are pedigree type. Often they have two. Also many are lap dogs. 

The majority of those small lap dogs being carried around here are Shih Tzu.  Often with diapers!  They are really cool dogs if you like a small breed.  We have a clip joint at the mall with windows where you can watch, and 80+ % of the dogs being clipped are Shih Tzu.

My neighbor two doors over has 3 small dogs and I don't know what they are, but their yapping is very controlled and helps me out.  They look like a tall Chihuahua, light brown in color, and appear to be a pure breed.  They don't bark at much, but when I hear them loudly yapping, I know the monkeys are near, and I have time to get my Airsoft gun out and surprise them.

• Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

I started saying Filipinos don't treat their dogs well to my wife before. Then she went and researched how many horses and greyhounds die in the UK each year just so we can watch them run round a track. Gave up on that argument:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 months later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I live in a neighbourhood in the city which has decent homes and increasingly expensive real estate - lots of nice cars. Unfortunately, lots of noisy dogs. Next door has at least three, my landlord has at least three. Then there is a  neighbour across the street who - at last count - has seven. I think he picks up strays?

A couple months ago, I was taking care of my partner's dog in my apartment - a little shi tsu. I spent a lot of time over the past year training the dog and training my partner and daughter how to take care of him and to also keep him trained. As a result, the dog is usually very quiet except if he sees or hears strays roaming around.

One night, at about 9 pm, I was walking the dog for his last pee of the night before bed - I live in an apartment so he has to get walked at least a couple times daily. So I am walking down the street with the dog on a short leash and, as we passed the neighbour's home all hell broke loose with all his dogs barking and yapping. This went on until we were well passed and down the street. My partner's dog was totally quiet except for a slight growl and he just continued on he way. On the way back, the same thing happened. And, or course, as this guys dogs all started up yapping again, every other dog in the area took up yapping too. There were people at home at my neighbour, but then he came driving up to his gate. He calls to me from across the street and calls out for me not to walk my dog after 7 pm because he had a baby in the house that would wake and cry from all the noise. I was a bit shocked by his approach and attitude, but just said, sure, I can do that... Then I say... "Wow, you seem to really like dogs..." "Yeah I do I have 7!" Then back to him..."Oh, by the way, my name is Tom, what is your name?" He said, "Jack..." All this time we are yelling across the street to each other - strange encounter. So, in my mind I Chirstened him, "7-dog Jake." I could never figure out his logic that my quiet and behaved dog, which was just strolling down the street to pee, was being blamed for all the riotous barking and snarling and jumping from his totally untrained dogs' noise.But I just let it be because I don't like conflict and because I am the only foreigner on the street and did not want to make an enemy - no matter my feelings. 

Now, he and his noisy family and dogs are not there maybe 50% of the time, so it is sometimes okay. My partner has her dog so I rarely even go out at night. Yet, every time a tricycle or motorcycle or person or stray mutt passes that guy's house, Holy Hell breaks out again in the neighbourhood with all dogs barking every time for 5 minutes or so. And this happens a few times most nights when they are all home.... Thanks for reading, I just thought I would share my personal experience with everyone...

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Dogs. Can't live WITH them and can't live WITHOUT them!:wave:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I thought that was used to be said about women or girls when I was young, so many decades ago?