I’m confused...

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

...which is normal when it comes to the RP. 🙂

So, my friend’s little sister (18 yrs old) was out being an 18 year old the other night. Somehow she gets her head bumped and various cues and aberrations — crash of a motorbike I assume. 🤕

They take her to the hospital in Sogod. X-ray, CT scan, antibiotics some reason (or maybe it was just fluids..who knows...I’m confused ..).

After two nights she’s discharged with ~9,000 hospital bill and a further 5k or so CT bill. 

Evidently, the mayor and brgy pay some portion or all of it. (As usual, I’m confused...) 

I haven’t been asked for any pesos (at least not directly. 🙃) and I won’t supply any — I’m strictly in the piggery investment end of things. 

But, here’s my question. Does anyone know how the RP “free” Universal Healthcare is supposed to work? 

I’ve read some posts herein and pieces from Google searches but, wait for it, I’m still confused. 

Are peopke supposed to be monthly premiums to the government? If so, what amount would they be paying for a family of five?

Does this government health insurance cover care in both public and private hospitals? 

Are people better off buying a private health insurance policy?

Thanks so much. 

Sincerely,

-Confused 🤔

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, northtoalaska said:

...which is normal when it comes to the RP. 🙂

So, my friend’s little sister (18 yrs old) was out being an 18 year old the other night. Somehow she gets her head bumped and various cues and aberrations — crash of a motorbike I assume. 🤕

They take her to the hospital in Sogod. X-ray, CT scan, antibiotics some reason (or maybe it was just fluids..who knows...I’m confused ..).

After two nights she’s discharged with ~9,000 hospital bill and a further 5k or so CT bill. 

Evidently, the mayor and brgy pay some portion or all of it. (As usual, I’m confused...) 

I haven’t been asked for any pesos (at least not directly. 🙃) and I won’t supply any — I’m strictly in the piggery investment end of things. 

But, here’s my question. Does anyone know how the RP “free” Universal Healthcare is supposed to work? 

I’ve read some posts herein and pieces from Google searches but, wait for it, I’m still confused. 

Are peopke supposed to be monthly premiums to the government? If so, what amount would they be paying for a family of five?

Does this government health insurance cover care in both public and private hospitals? 

Are people better off buying a private health insurance policy?

Thanks so much. 

Sincerely,

-Confused 🤔

Out of my wheelhouse. I'm sure someone here can help you. Patience.:89:

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted (edited)

I’ve just noticed the multiple postings. Not intentional. Each time I posted I got an error of some sort (503?) and thought the post didn’t go through. 

Mods, please delete all the other duplicates. 

Thanks. 

Edited by northtoalaska
  • Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

The latest I heard was a bill was passed where patients can't be turned away on arrival if they don't have money on them. They get life saving treatments first then pay.  If the have Phil Health it covers part of the cost. 

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

PhilHealth has been paying a portion of a hospital stay.  I read online that they are expanding PhilHealth to cover 'everything' (?) but I don't know if it has been implemented yet.  Last year I had a 2 or 3 night hospital stay (neither my or I can remember now ha ha).  My total bill, with no PhilHealth, was just over p20,000.  So her bill being p14,000 may already have the PhilHealth contribution.  

If they have not asked for money... it might be best not to ask too many questions :tiphat: 

Edited by Tukaram (Tim)

hk blues
Posted
Posted

My only experience of Philhealth was a few months back when my son had a bad cut to his wrist.  We have Philhealth and went to the public hospital - my wife explained to me that we only has to pay for the "materials" required but not the Doc's time.  She did sign something which detailed the total cost to be recharged to Philhealth but I've no idea how much it was.