I'm learning

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

My piggery was meant to go live on Thursday. 

I've dealt with all the problems and additions as required , even to the point of flying her papa un from bohol to sort some of the issues out 

The last one has got me angry , yesterday the 6 farmers who's land my water supply traverses , made new demands , this is despite them having been paid for the access

A meeting was arranged and their demands listened to , I offered a compromise but that was refused , my gf who is in control of her temper had to leave before as she put it "started a war " the baranguy captain also got angry with them 

The cheaper option would have been to submit to their demands , but I felt like I was dealing with blackmailers , so I've put the project back a few days whilst an alternative source of water is used

I just wanted to rant a wee bit 

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

So the fun begins. 

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

My piggery was meant to go live on Thursday. 

I've dealt with all the problems and additions as required , even to the point of flying her papa un from bohol to sort some of the issues out 

The last one has got me angry , yesterday the 6 farmers who's land my water supply traverses , made new demands , this is despite them having been paid for the access

A meeting was arranged and their demands listened to , I offered a compromise but that was refused , my gf who is in control of her temper had to leave before as she put it "started a war " the baranguy captain also got angry with them 

The cheaper option would have been to submit to their demands , but I felt like I was dealing with blackmailers , so I've put the project back a few days whilst an alternative source of water is used

I just wanted to rant a wee bit 

I'll get it out of the way - WE TOLD YOU SO!

Only joking, but none of this will surprise those who have been here longer than either of us! 

Solving this is just the 1st step, what will come next?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So the fun begins. 

Yes. It certainly can be that...... for those who enjoy the adreniline rush of a roller coaster, tilt-a-whirl or bungee jump.  The ticket price for the thrill is a bit more though. Lets hope he didn't inadvertently buy a day pass into one of the worlds zaniest amusement parks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted (edited)

Going by what the gf has told me , I am quoting her , these guy with their plastic smiles , they are so stupid , the baranguy captain came out and offered us an alternative water source 

They thought that they had me over a barrel , I smelled a much bigger rat,  my gf thought that the additional cost of 28k peso was fine , just to keep farmer 1 happy , then it went up to 58 k to keep the others happy , I asked her to find an alternative source before the negotiations

The baranguy captain started the meeting,  they refused our earlier offer after agreeing it , they came back with , we want water run on to our land at your cost and you have to pay us 150k a year in rent  ,gf never even bothered to call me she just walked out .

The additional cost is about 120k to run the pipe to a new source

Edited by bastonjock
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

New source will be controlled by who? Cut your losses now I doubt it’s over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

I'm sure reading previous post with pictures of a water pipe and spring that everyone was happy and even enjoyed a pig and beer but now it could easily turn into bloodshed. 

Hopefully it doesn't but one needs to be careful. 

• Like 4

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

The new source is on the baranguy captains land and will traverse on other property , the pipe will have to run a much longer distance .

I have told the gf , that if there are anymore issues then we will put it up for sale and recover as much money as possible 

There is also another item on the horizon,  it might be bull but theres indication that the government might be compulsory purchasing the land 

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I'm sure reading previous post with pictures of a water pipe and spring that everyone was happy and even enjoyed a pig and beer but now it could easily turn into bloodshed. 

Hopefully it doesn't but one needs to be careful. 

Yes there is undeniable risk involved , I wont be living full time at the farm , we have a small house in a sub division, that is unknown to the guys on the farm 

I'll see how the others react to the removal of the water pipe

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just a thought, if the baranguy captain is being reasonable perhaps you could install a pipe and storage tank near the piggery (and at the spring if needed) then send a small truck with a plastic water tank and fill it there, drive it to your piggery and pump it into a storage tank at the piggery. 

It would depend upon the flow rate at the spring, if it was low then you'd need a larger storage tank, if it was fast you could get away with a smaller one.

You'd avoid the issues of crossing other people's land, although you'd incur an ongoing cost (doesn't have to be a big cost though).

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3