I'm learning

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Just a thought, if the baranguy captain is being reasonable perhaps you could install a pipe and storage tank near the piggery (and at the spring if needed) then send a small truck with a plastic water tank and fill it there, drive it to your piggery and pump it into a storage tank at the piggery. 

It would depend upon the flow rate at the spring, if it was low then you'd need a larger storage tank, if it was fast you could get away with a smaller one.

You'd avoid the issues of crossing other people's land, although you'd incur an ongoing cost (doesn't have to be a big cost though).

I did think about transportation, and also sinking a deep well on my property, gfs papa has his own business drilling for water ,he gave me an estimate of 1 mil

I'm taking his advice on this as he would appear to know what hes doing regarding water ,he often works overseas drilling for water and piping it 

Gf is confident that the baranguy captain is our friend so I'm going with the flow ( pun intended )

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My experience is that 99% of people want to make a buck or two very rarely you will get something for friendship. Are you going to get another quote for the well?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

that is unknown to the guys on the farm 

Jungle telegraph...………..Brother if they get really pissed off at you, they will find you if you live anywhere near the contested area, and most likely you sort of stand out lololol. It could be years later. 

I hate to say this but unless you really need the income, this really could turn into a matter of life and death. About the only thing in this country that is worth more than money is pride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love it 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, bastonjock said:

, I wont be living full time at the farm , we have a small house in a sub division, that is unknown to the guys on the farm 

Baston my Friend, I would not put any bets on that, Locals know more about you than you know yourself, believe me :wink:

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

it might be bull but theres indication that the government might be compulsory purchasing the land 

Bull indeed I feel, Compulsory Purchase (Eminent Domain) is not a common thing here, they don't even do it for major works I think you should dismiss that, you hold  Agricultural land that would be of no use unless they plan to Develop and that would involve DAR ( Department of Agricultural reform and that is one of the Presidents aims.Keeping this land for growing Food etc :smile: As you feel the Captain is your Friend? I would ask him as he will be the First to know. It would  have go through him First, then Barangay Meetings would be held for discussion mate, Bin there :thumbsup: 

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a word

jimeve
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, bastonjock said:

My piggery was meant to go live on Thursday. 

I've dealt with all the problems and additions as required , even to the point of flying her papa un from bohol to sort some of the issues out 

The last one has got me angry , yesterday the 6 farmers who's land my water supply traverses , made new demands , this is despite them having been paid for the access

A meeting was arranged and their demands listened to , I offered a compromise but that was refused , my gf who is in control of her temper had to leave before as she put it "started a war " the baranguy captain also got angry with them 

The cheaper option would have been to submit to their demands , but I felt like I was dealing with blackmailers , so I've put the project back a few days whilst an alternative source of water is used

I just wanted to rant a wee bit 

Can't you have a well dug? I had one dug in my backyard. Then stick two fingers up to those farmers.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Gf is confident that the baranguy captain is our friend so I'm going with the flow ( pun intended )

:thumbsup: For the Pun But I spent this morning going through Papers and found our SIGNED and paid for Receipts for laying our water pipes across 4 Lots. We buried them 1 ft deep and made sure all was covered to reduce problems, Had you have done this ( and I am almost sure you took the owner's word of mouth only) these people would not have  a leg to stand on. Your Topic Title is "I'm learning" well that is good BUT here, you should never do anything without written consent and if money changes hands get a receipt, I am very surprised that your Captain never raised this with you (Your GF) at these meetings. Sorry BJ but one has to sit and reflect on this Friendship you may or not have with the Captain, He knows the Law and should have made sure of all things before even trying to attempt a good will issue with greedy people.

We have since you Bought and started all this ( many at least) tried to tell you the Pitfalls, so Now, I really do hope you are learning.

Best of Luck Mate :thumbsup:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Another perspective to consider - If we are going to live here we cannot simply roll over and let the locals tickle our bellies whenever they smell a buck - giving in at the 1st sign of trouble will be the start rather than the end of troubles.  So, for me it's either stand up or pack up.  Not that I'm underestimating the power of losing face here, or the worst-case scenario consequences but where does it all stop?

Perhaps Baston's issues are a reminder to us all why  most of us don't run a business here if we want an easy life. 

• Like 5
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

1 million for a well seems far too much, 100k would sound more like it.

• Like 2