I'm learning

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 4/3/2019 at 5:22 AM, bastonjock said:

I did think about transportation, and also sinking a deep well on my property, gfs papa has his own business drilling for water ,he gave me an estimate of 1 mil

I'm taking his advice on this as he would appear to know what hes doing regarding water ,he often works overseas drilling for water and piping it 

Gf is confident that the baranguy captain is our friend so I'm going with the flow ( pun intended )

I honestly can't not believe that price for water, it's way off the scale. Something is not right here, I have installed a deep well and costs were not even a forth of that.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Here are a couple of pics of the farm taken todayreceived_350804082205658.jpegreceived_350804082205658.jpegreceived_780235552347428.jpegreceived_2257237387935876.jpeg

Looks very neat and tidy, be a pity to can it. Perhaps your GF can arrange someone to lease it. It's at time just not worth the hassel and heart aches.

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, RBM said:

I honestly can't not believe that price for water, it's way off the scale. Something is not right here, I have installed a deep well and costs were not even a forth of that.

Ill get a couple of quotes at a later date , ill also sit down and talk to her papa about it , i think the problem is the geology ,its all rocks and more rocks .

Her papa earns his living from deep water drilling , either hes quoted a high price because 1, he does not want to do the job , or he actually giving an honest quote , the locals draw their water from springs as far as 2km away

Her papa would apear to know what hes doing so far , he has fixed tge electrical supply problem and is sorting out the water , his standards are far superior to the locals that we have been using 

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, bastonjock said:

... his standards are far superior to the locals that we have been using 

At 1m for a well, they fricken well should be! 

• Haha 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

Out of curiosity does the access to your land require crossing others land ?  Asking as an ex of mine has just been refused access onto land that's been in her family for many years but has to walk through a neighbours land for access.  I'm just wondering if there is a barangay path couldn't you run the water line along it instead of getting ripped off for 1m. 

Edited by Snowy79

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

You have had 2 people tell you they want 1m to drill a well and 150,000 per year rent to get water there does that not ring any alarm bells. Do you really know your GF and her family that well? We have a lot of rocks around here and the wells all come in under 30k.

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

You have had 2 people tell you they want 1m to drill a well and 150,000 per year rent to get water there does that not ring any alarm bells. Do you really know your GF and her family that well? We have a lot of rocks around here and the wells all come in under 30k.

I had one person tell me , not two , my gfs familly are not trying to overcharge me , i think her papa does not want the job .

The demand of rent was turned down by my gf , it was greedy farmers who asked for it .

Maybe im making a mistake,  but wtf ,ive had enough of the negativity that keeps getting thrown at me 

Byebye forum 

• Sad 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I found your story about the piggery interesting, and honestly I wasn't trying to be negative.

I was trying to be constructive (which is why I suggested the tanks, even though as it turned out you'd already considered that).