Investment Funds

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

China 🇨🇳 

I am not sure about the China reference, but the increasing debt at lower interest from the global financial institutions is forcing the Philippines to borrow from China at much higher interest.   Traditional lender are starting to get cold feet at the size of the Philippine debt.  Inability to repay China both the principle and interest means more political and economic concessions.  Of course, Duterte and his cronies don't care because the finder's fees for borrowing the money is between 2% to 7%.  Again, enjoy the Philippines, spend your money, but keep most of it in overseas investments.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Primary my thought  is China has bought the president and his cronies. They have plans for Philippines to support their own interests not the Philippines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I have always gone for 1 of 2 options - Bonds and Property - both UK.  

Robi
Posted
Posted

Timber tracks in the states do well enough for us. 

Tree farming is easy and gives a reasonable tax write off also.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
sbs333
Posted
Posted
On 2019/4/7 at AM2点44分, JJReyes said:

我不确定中国的参考,但全球金融机构利率下降的债务越来越多,迫使菲律宾以更高的利益向中国借款。传统的贷方开始变得像菲律宾债务一样冷落。无力偿还中国的原则和利益意味着更多的政治和经济上的让步。当然,杜特尔特和他的亲信并不关心,因为借款人的借款费用在2%到7%之间。再次,享受菲律宾,花钱,但保留大部分海外投资。

I agree with you that the global economy is now facing the risk of falling. Human beings must find new economic growth points. They should invest cautiously, and cash and fixed assets are proportional.