How to obtain British Citizenship for a Baby.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You (or he) can apply for a British passport at any time

Has that changed?  When my brothers were born in Canada to British parents they had to get my parents to sign the application if they wanted a British passport and they could only choose to do so up until their 18th birthday.  I am reasonably sure that if you put it off and the child reaches 18 without getting a British passport then he is fecked.

https://www.scribd.com/document/357126414/MN1-Guide-January-2017

If the link does not work just search MN1-Guide-January-2017

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Has that changed?  When my brothers were born in Canada to British parents they had to get my parents to sign the application if they wanted a British passport and they could only choose to do so up until their 18th birthday.

Indeed I feel you are correct, The UK only allows Dual nationality till age 18 then they have to choose ( almost sure of this) if as has happened to a friend with 2 1/2 Spanish/uk kids they were fine on Both but renewing was the problem, as always I stand to be corrected on this :huh:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Has that changed?  When my brothers were born in Canada to British parents they had to get my parents to sign the application if they wanted a British passport and they could only choose to do so up until their 18th birthday.  I am reasonably sure that if you put it off and the child reaches 18 without getting a British passport then he is fecked.

https://www.scribd.com/document/357126414/MN1-Guide-January-2017

If the link does not work just search MN1-Guide-January-2017

I checked into this previously and my understanding was that a passport can be applied for at any time but the child must be registered as a British Citizen (using MN1) before their 18th birthday.   So, as long as you complete the registration before the child's 18th birthday you can apply for the passport later.  

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Indeed I feel you are correct, The UK only allows Dual nationality till age 18 then they have to choose ( almost sure of this) if as has happened to a friend with 2 1/2 Spanish/uk kids they were fine on Both but renewing was the problem, as always I stand to be corrected on this :huh:

The problem your friend had is perhaps because they were 1/2 Spanish rather than 1/2 British - the Spanish don't allow dual citizenship with that many countries.  

As per my reply above, as long as the child is registered as a British citizen before 18 they can take up the passport (and dual citizenship) later.

The above is all my understanding but I am happy to know if I'm wrong.  

Mick
Posted
Posted
On 4/7/2019 at 5:41 PM, Eddie1 said:

Hahaha,   Hey Mick,  can't beat a bit of footy banter huh?    I guess you love the game too.

Too right...... Pity your doing better than the mighty owls 

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Mick said:

Too right...... Pity your doing better than the mighty owls 

Most Westham have a soft spot for your mob, it's the wankers that are your neighbours that we don't like, lol.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

Westham

I did not know this before, but I read it on the Internet so it must be true :whistling: . .

The royal family is divided when it comes to football team loyalty, with Prince William being an Aston Villa fan and the Queen reportedly supporting West ham, but Prince Harry has revealed himself to be an Arsenal fan.

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The royal family is divided when it comes to football team loyalty, with Prince William being an Aston Villa fan and the Queen reportedly supporting West ham, but Prince Harry has revealed himself to be an Arsenal fan.

It is widely accepted that the Queen is a fan of Westham United, this is believed to stem back to the 1966 World Cup Final held at Wembley Stadium,  when 3 of the Westham team played in the triumphant England World Cup side.  The players were Bobby Moore (Captain), Geoff Hurst (Scored 3 in the final against West Germany) and Martin Peters ( scored the other goal in the final).  It is because of this major impact by the 3 Westham players in the World Cup Final that many people acknowledge that Westham United won the World Cup in 1966.

:6:

• Love it 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Did England win the World Cup in 1966 - I haven't heard this before?

Only joking guys! :2245_safe:

• Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

The way I'd look at it is you can get a passport relatively easy just now.  Things will only get harder and prices increase.  Make the most of your down time and sort it.  I've a friend who did it 9yrs ago and it took a couple of months another friend has been going through the process now and it's taken almost one year so far. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1