anyone know of REAL PC shops in or near manila??

dj3642
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Since I gave you a "like" maybe you can tell me why my PC lately sticks for a few minutes at the Starting Windows screen.:smile: This happened to me awhile back on a different computer and it turned out to be a power supply problem.:89:

wouldnt figure that to be power supply. to me.. sitting on the starting windows screen.. sounds like a lot of programs are loading or memory hogging programs are loading at start up..i attached a pic.. on my pc the lower left i have a search box i can type in. i typed in msconfig and then clicked on the app for that.. when a box opens up you click on startup programs and it will list everything that starts up with your PC .. it will list things a high medium or low in terms of how it affects startup..  you can try disabling some of the high ones tempy and see if it makes a difference..  fairly often as people load programs on their pc. it wants to load a start up program you really dont need.. and you can get a lot of unnecessary clutter.. and slower load times.. 

msconfig.jpg

dj3642
Posted
Posted
On 4/10/2019 at 4:36 PM, Jack Peterson said:

Once again I feel we are Lucky her in Dumaguete, we have 4/5 pretty fair to middling Shops that may not each have all we require but I have built this one (Desktop) from bare Bones and Found the things I needed from just 2 of the Shops. :wink:

one question.. do you know if any of those shops near you have an online presence??  thanks :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Of that i am not sure but have linked a page for you to scroll through :smile:

https://www.google.com/search?q=compter+shops+Dumaguete&oq=compter+shops+Dumaguete&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2.9739j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

graham59
Posted
Posted

If you live on Luzon (as I do), try taking a trip up to Angeles.

Lots of expats there.... like... maybe 30,000, and certainly some decent computer shops selling parts for them (computers, not the expats, lol ), at least when I've been there.  

Don't we have any AC residents on here who could advise ?

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

After one really unsuccessful trip to Villman in Manila, I just bring in everything from the US. You could try them, they supposedly do have things like ram. Not the DDR4 2400 that I needed but nobody had it at that time because it was new.