Dumaguete Hotel Recomendation....

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

John, The date of the NEXT forum meeting will be the 9th May.  Hope to see you there, it would be nice to hear your views of Dipolog,  I went there a few weeks ago for a couple of nights, seems like a nice place.

22 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

John, The date of the NEXT forum meeting will be the 9th May.  Hope to see you there, it would be nice to hear your views of Dipolog,  I went there a few weeks ago for a couple of nights, seems like a nice place.

Sounds great.  we will try to include that date.  We followed Jim and Dave's advice and made reservations at Bethel.  Thanks again to all of you for responding and helping us out.  Take care and see you soon.

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Peaceful John said:

Sounds great.  we will try to include that date.  We followed Jim and Dave's advice and made reservations at Bethel.  Thanks again to all of you for responding and helping us out.  Take care and see you soon.

Bethel can be prone to loud music until at least midnight from the live music next door at The Honeycomb.  Ask for a quiet room and take earplugs if you are a light sleeper, alternatively have a few beers and watch the entertainment, usually very good bands. 

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Best Hotel in Dumaguete is Henia hotel, I have stayed in dozens.

If your lucky its possible to get a bargain with agoda 

• Hmm thinking 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Peaceful John said:

Just wanted to say "thanks" to all of my Dumaguete Friends for your advice and comments on your city and where to stay.  We stayed at Bethel Guest House and it was a pleasant and enjoyable stay.  I must say, you all have a wonderful city and area, and it became very obvious that there are a a lot of you in this area and you all seemed to be pleasant and happy.  Everyone I met was was cordial, welcoming, and very helpful.  I hope to see you all again very soon.  Cheers!

John

Glad you enjoyed it John, I think you picked a busy weekend to be at the boulevard, lots of Dragon Boat racing on Saturday, lots of people in party mood and a good fiesta atmosphere.  Please try and coincide our Dumaguete Forum meeting at Chin Loong if you return for another visit, it is the 2nd Thursday of the month at 1pm.   I for one would like to hear about your home town of Dipolog, been there once recently and looking to go back again, so your local knowledge would be invaluable.

As a side note, I think this is where our forum excels, so many knowledgeable members in many locations able to put forward good suggestions on accommodation, travel etc. 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

I think you're exactly right Eddie!  I look forward to meeting up with you all at the next meeting.   I'd be happy to give you my thoughts on Dipolog.

Take care.

john

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1