Missing Japanese F-35 poses major security headache for US if it falls into Russian or Chinese hands

graham59
Posted
Posted

I seem to remember that the British deliberately permitted doctored 'secret' info ' on the Concorde to be leaked to the Russians.

Hence the  1973 Paris Air Show crash of the never to be seen again TU144 ' Concordski' ?

Sometimes we're not as naive as we may appear to be.  :wink:

• Like 5
  • Hmm thinking 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

So when "we" want one of "theirs" we just offer cash to the pilots to bring one over:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Moolah

But when "they" want one of "ours" its a major security headache?  Sauce for the goose comes to mind.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Foreigner
Posted
Posted

Sometimes, the US gives away its advanced technology for free, such as it did with the Space Shuttle.  It's no wonder that the Russian version looked like a twin to the American original.

atlantis.JPGspace shuttle - russian copy.JPG

The Original                                                  The Russian Copy

“From the mid-1970s through the early 1980s, NASA documents and NASA-funded contractor studies provided the Soviets with their most important source of unclassified material in the aerospace area. Soviet interests in NASA activities focused on virtually all aspects of the space shuttle. Documents acquired dealt with airframe designs (including the computer programs on design analysis), materials, flight computer systems, and propulsion systems. This information allowed Soviet military industries to save years of scientific research and testing time as well as millions of rubles as they developed their own very similar space shuttle vehicle.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/18686090/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/how-soviets-stole-space-shuttle/

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

No Dislike button.  If you are an Anti-Trumper keep it to yourself.  No politics.

I must have gotten past the censures!:shock_40_anim_gif:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I must have gotten past the censures!

A while ago, the moderators had to get quite strict with members who did not use self-control when mentioning "The Donald".  Fortunately, those members with no self-control have all gone with the wind. Thus the moderators did not think we still had to step on anyone.  I hope it stays that way.

Anyway, the missing F 35 has been found and is being salvaged.  Big sigh of relief.

"We recovered the wreckage and determined it was from the F-35," a spokesman for the Air Self Defense Force (ASDF) said

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

KuyaM, kindly please review forum rules. Thank you.:tiphat: 

• Thanks 1

TimL
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

A while ago, the moderators had to get quite strict with members who did not use self-control when mentioning "The Donald".  Fortunately, those members with no self-control have all gone with the wind. Thus the moderators did not think we still had to step on anyone.  I hope it stays that way.

Anyway, the missing F 35 has been found and is being salvaged.  Big sigh of relief.

"We recovered the wreckage and determined it was from the F-35," a spokesman for the Air Self Defense Force (ASDF) said

Oh, well that explains it. 😂 

The aircraft, less than one-year-old, was the first F-35 to be assembled in Japan and was only in the air for 28 minutes on Tuesday, a defence official said.”

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

*what's this nut I had left over?* :hystery:

• Like 1