buying a motor

bamfurlong
Posted
Posted

please bear with me while i explain my query.

Been married long time to Philippina who is dual citizen and lives in UK with me

House on subdivision almost complete in Bulacan and want to buy for "CASH" a scooter just for from house to store outside subdivison.as we are not intending to stay longer than vacations from work.

Talking to dealer is like talking to a hollow block

My wife does not drive so therefore has no licence

I have my UK licence

No problem to have title in wifes name , but how does she insure it if she has no licence and how does she register it with LTO if she has no licence

Hope there is a guiding angel on here

Thanks

John 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am not sure exactly how it was done (the dealer arranged it) but SWMBO bought and registered her Yamaha Mio with just her student driver permit.  The student permit has no test she just goes to the LTO with ID and pesos.

Later it can be changed to a non-professional license if wanted.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, bamfurlong said:

Been married long time to Philippina who is dual citizen and lives in UK with me

House on subdivision almost complete in Bulacan and want to buy for "CASH" a scooter just for from house to store outside subdivison.as we are not intending to stay longer than vacations from work.

I have my UK licence

No problem to have title in wifes name , but how does she insure it if she has no licence and how does she register it with LTO if she has no licence

Thanks

John 

You to not need a licence to register a bike or car. This can vary depending on where one lives.

Why would you want insurance on a scooter...total waste of money.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, RBM said:

Why would you want insurance on a scooter...total waste of money.

Third Party Insurance is mandatory here as anywhere else in the World :wink:

virginprune
Posted
Posted

We bought and registered a Mio Aerox in my parner's name, she does not drive. I am the principal driver. It came with one year registration and one year 3rd party insurance and a helmet. Supposed to have a jacket too but 'out of stock sir'

I bought from a dealership and found them very helpful.

• Like 2

bamfurlong
Posted
Posted

thanks everyone for replys   and also to virgin prune......what you say is exactly what i was thinking ""why do you need one"

when i went into the Honda dealer he said that Uk licence was no good for buying , only a philippine one is ok.

i will go around different dealers and see if i find one same as you did ,,,FFS i just want do everything legal but they put soooooooooo many walls in front 

thanks 

john

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

John, have you considered following the law? Are there legal alternatives you could choose?

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Buying for cash might not help, all of their profit is in the credit deal.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 4/10/2019 at 6:05 PM, bamfurlong said:

I have my UK licence

Thanks

John 

licence is not needed to own a vehicle. It's only need for driving. If you buy new, the dealership will take care of the registration and insurance at the point of sale. They include the insurance in the sale price. At least that was my experience at the yamaha dealer in Kawit.:smile: 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

licence is not needed to own a vehicle. It's only need for driving. If you buy new, the dealership will take care of the registration and insurance at the point of sale. They include the insurance in the sale price. At least that was my experience at the yamaha dealer in Kawit.:smile: 

But wouldn't the Insurance need to be in the name of the vehicle owner (or driver) rather than the dealership?