Ancient human found in Philippines.

Reboot
Posted
Posted

All these ancient humans get names. Lucy and such. If they find an empty bottle of Kulafu in the cave, I vote they call this one Uncle Dong.

• Like 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I find the living 'ancient humans' here more interesting since you can talk with them. Late 70 and early 80 year olds, both Pinoy and foreigners are coffee regulars where I sit a spell. All obviously still ambulatory. Enlightening to converse with.  

My 82 yr. old Pinoy friend, who has gifted social skills, introduced me to an Pinoy artist  friend of his who had me guess at his age at first.  I knew he was older than Vic.... who joins in zumba groups 6x a week to feel good....   I guessed 85, but was off by 4 years.  Had a full head of hair at 89 !

I asked the wife the other day, "Who's that old guy, working barefoot you hired to tie the new nipa roofing on the bamboo bridge house?   "Oh, its ate C's uncle. He lives here in out barangay and wanted to earn some pisos, so I hired him flat rate for P350 to do the job. He can take as long as he wants.  He only wants coffee and cigs for his merienda, so I gave him P10.  He told me that it only got him 3 sticks, so lets just give him a pack today as he is almost done. I think his younger relative will jump on the roof to nail on the two pieces of aluminum ridge capping, since he is pretty old for that."

"How old is he?", I asked.

" 77 ". was her reply.  

Yes !  I like meeting the  'ancient humans' here.  Ha-ha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Coming 71 next month do I Qualify yet?  peter and the look of Hi there.jpg:hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Coming 71 next month do I Qualify yet?  peter and the look of Hi there.jpg:hystery:

Definitely NOT.  You look far too young, with decent posture and not enough wrinkles on your brow.

• Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I'd like to trade bear belly's with you. Lookin good.:wave:

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Where l read the topic title l thought another Duma topic where someone met up with Dave Houndriver 

• Haha 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

l thought another Duma topic where someone met up with Dave Houndriver 

Nice to know people appreciate the ancient ones and their pesos er wisdom but I am wondering if the scientists really found ancient human remains or if they just looked ancient due to global warming etc.