The Local and their Rubbish!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: Just walked the Dogs ( about 1 hour ago) and came across the Barangay Captain giving a local neighbour a mouthful of rants.

Seems as in other small Subdivisions we have around here have there Fronts on a small Circle and there backs on Other Barangay Roads Ours being one of them. The Front of their houses are controlled by their own Purock Committees but the backs are not so what happens? I will tell you, They treat our Barangay Road and other ones around as their personal Rubbish Tips, Now as a Foreigner of course, I can say or do nothing yet the Captain was trying to get me involved in remenstrating this Particular family. NO way Jose was my thought and deed. Anyway, later on he came down and said OH! I thought it was you that made the complaint, No sir, I said to the man of the House, last week you need to clean up this glass so it will not harm any Children or Animals. To that I guess, he was under the impression that I had complained to the Barangay about his mess in the Road. Transpire now that it was his neighbour that complained and then ducked and dived to escape the family. So it seems that people here are all too ready to blame the Foreigner, for having been reported when all we do is point something out and others (Locals) Report it. Had the neighbour just cleaned up the Broken Glass ( After a Party that got out of Hand) Things would have been fine But No!  Damned if we do and Damned if we don't  :whistling: :smile:

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Just walked the Dogs ( about 1 hour ago) and came across the Barangay Captain giving a local neighbour a mouthful of rants.

Seems as in other small Subdivisions we have around here have there Fronts on a small Circle and there backs on Other Barangay Roads Ours being one of them. The Front of their houses are controlled by their own Purock Committees but the backs are not so what happens? I will tell you, They treat our Barangay Road and other ones around as their personal Rubbish Tips, Now as a Foreigner of course, I can say or do nothing yet the Captain was trying to get me involved in remenstrating this Particular family. NO way Jose was my thought and deed. Anyway, later on he came down and said OH! I thought it was you that made the complaint, No sir, I said to the man of the House, last week you need to clean up this glass so it will not harm any Children or Animals. To that I guess, he was under the impression that I had complained to the Barangay about his mess in the Road. Transpire now that it was his neighbour that complained and then ducked and dived to escape the family. So it seems that people here are all too ready to blame the Foreigner, for having been reported when all we do is point something out and others (Locals) Report it. Had the neighbour just cleaned up the Broken Glass ( After a Party that got out of Hand) Things would have been fine But No!  Damned if we do and Damned if we don't  :whistling: :smile:

I have a similar situation here involving dogs. My next door does not control their dogs barking, I have lessened it with one of those ultrasonic gadgets and it is quite quiet enough now. But their dogs run out of the gate and bark at people going past some of the locals have said how aggressive these dogs are but do not tell next door. I feel that it is only a matter of time before somebody hits the dogs or they bite somebody. I was thinking of telling the neighbour myself but will I get myself unliked for it, I did think maybe I could say that if your dog bites somebody it will cost you maybe 18k in jabs. But then I think if the other people around here say nothing why should I be the one to put my oar in after all it does not affect me as I don1t walk past their gate and the dogs always run from me anyway. Yes JP damned if you do and damned if you don`t.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Yes JP damned if you do and damned if you don`t.

:thumbsup:The only problem with this is though, is  that you always get the odd ball that says well why did you not come and talk to me ( As you know they do from my other problem 6/7 months ago) just can't win sometimes :wink:

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have a similar situation here involving dogs. My next door does not control their dogs barking, I have lessened it with one of those ultrasonic gadgets and it is quite quiet enough now. But their dogs run out of the gate and bark at people going past some of the locals have said how aggressive these dogs are but do not tell next door. I feel that it is only a matter of time before somebody hits the dogs or they bite somebody. I was thinking of telling the neighbour myself but will I get myself unliked for it, I did think maybe I could say that if your dog bites somebody it will cost you maybe 18k in jabs. But then I think if the other people around here say nothing why should I be the one to put my oar in after all it does not affect me as I don1t walk past their gate and the dogs always run from me anyway. Yes JP damned if you do and damned if you don`t.

Kinda hard to roll with the punches when the punches keep coming!:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Arizona Kid said:

Kinda hard to roll with the punches when the punches keep coming!:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Isn't that the difference between a Good and Bad boxer or neighbour for that matter, Better than laying down and getting Kicked ( as they will if you let them) :wink:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I have always been vocal when people act like tw@ts but here I find it better to hold my tongue sometimes. 

• Love it 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have always been vocal when people act like tw@ts but here I find it better to hold my tongue sometimes. 

Excellent advice. Why be the center of attention especially if you are a foreigner? They automatically think you are rich, and will take advantage of it whenever they can. Best to bite the bullet grudgingly and mark it up as one of the costs of living here.:571b119686cf7_1(72):

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I love it as happened today when these aggressive Locals fail to involve the Foreigner and end up fighting ( figuratively) between themselves. Our Captain  gave them 7 days to clear the Road of Glass and Debris, To add insult to injury, they came and borrowed My Grass Gutter ( Strimmer) and Grass rakes :whistling: Guess who is the best friend this week? Ha! I even gave them 25 refuse sacks for the Job. Many ways to Skin a cat and live another happy week :wink:

So much better to cooperate than fight the system huh? Great example Jack!:grouphugg:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

victor meldrew.jpg Sir said the Son of the family, Your Grass Cutter ( Strimmer) has run out of Gas ( 2 Stroke fuel) Do you have any? Cheeky Bar Stewards :56da632e94212_1(60): :hystery:

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1