The Local and their Rubbish!

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Reminds of the the Philippines... only the sellable litter is ever picked up. :hystery:

Is there such a thing as sellable litter? Only asking because I have tried to give those San Miguel Grande bottle to the people that pick up the rubbish but no one wants them.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I should take a photo of the Davao River from one of the bridges at low tide some time, if you want to see litter. It is not so much different from the Pasay River in Manila... disgusting! Just looking at it makes me sick.

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Is there such a thing as sellable litter?

Yes!  My mother-in-law can sell just about any piece of basura... she only gets about 100 pesos for a body bag size of it, but she knows who her customers are. 

As they say, there's a market for just about anything. 

Even Canada was able to sell it's trash to the Philippines until only recently :hystery:

Edited by Mark Berkowitz
spelling

Mick
Posted
Posted

We have a neighbour here straight across from us. Built a four story house, the mess blowing around was insane fir over a year, now, she is crazy let me point out, now if she sees anyone drop a cigarette butt she goes ape shit, she has raised the walkway for her car. Any one walks on it, and not on the road, she pours water on them from the balcony, she walks over the road and scraps food from plates in our bin.... So some do keep things clean.... 😂..... And just now someone washing there car 4 houses up, water is running past her house in the gutter, she has gone ape shit with him as the water should not come past her house.... Can't live with em, and you can't live with em

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1