ACR question

Roadhawg
Posted
Posted

I go get my extension the end of the month but it's my 58th day, do I have to be here 59 days to get an ACR card?

Gary D
Posted
Posted

If you are leaving it until your 58th day you are cutting it a bit fine. Best to sort it at least a week before expiry in case there is a hiccup. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Roadhawg said:

I go get my extension the end of the month but it's my 58th day, do I have to be here 59 days to get an ACR card?

They will process it at the same time. Probably take about 2 months before you get the card. 

Take extra pesos as more fees. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Roadhawg
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info, cant believe Ive been here 6 weeks already.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Roadhawg said:

Thanks for the info, cant believe Ive been here 6 weeks already.

They say that "time flies when you are having fun".  Frogs have a similar saying; "Times fun when you are having flies." :mocking:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:34 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

They will process it at the same time. Probably take about 2 months before you get the card. 

Applied for my ACR-I card (Tourist) on 5 March.  Called on Monday 22 April to see if available for pickup.  I must have misunderstood as I went yesterday to pick it up and was told "Not available sir"  and was told try week of 5 May but call first, lol.

Not a lost trip as I wanted to shop and eat at the SM City mall in Iloilo too. :SugarwareZ-047:

• Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

My ACR card expires on the 26th of April.  I went to renew it in my local satellite office and was told that as my visa was valid until the 4th of June just renew it then.  This sounds dodgy to me and I jokingly asked if I return on the 4th of June are you going to ask me why I never renewed in April then fine me.  He just smiled. 

Does this sound correct?  I'm in Manila today so going to renew it there anyway as I've experience of being told one thing then getting grief for doing it later.  

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm in Manila today so going to renew it there anyway as I've experience of being told one thing then getting grief for doing it later.  

:thumbsup: They are just looking for fines :whistling:

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

My ACR card expires on the 26th of April.  I went to renew it in my local satellite office and was told that as my visa was valid until the 4th of June just renew it then.  This sounds dodgy to me and I jokingly asked if I return on the 4th of June are you going to ask me why I never renewed in April then fine me.  He just smiled. 

Does this sound correct?  I'm in Manila today so going to renew it there anyway as I've experience of being told one thing then getting grief for doing it later.  

I have had an ACR expire before my extension and just after an extension, like less than a week. Each time I was advised to wait until next extension. Never been an issue. This was at General Santos office.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:thumbsup: They are just looking for fines :whistling:

Yes. I'm wary of them as I know a few people who have been screwed over for other reasons