ACR question

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

My ACR card expires on the 26th of April.  I went to renew it in my local satellite office and was told that as my visa was valid until the 4th of June just renew it then.  This sounds dodgy to me and I jokingly asked if I return on the 4th of June are you going to ask me why I never renewed in April then fine me.  He just smiled. 

Does this sound correct?  I'm in Manila today so going to renew it there anyway as I've experience of being told one thing then getting grief for doing it later.  

Ah, why not renew both now?  It is my understanding you don't have to wait until just before your visa is set to expire to renew it.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Hobbit112 said:

Ah, why not renew both now?  It is my understanding you don't have to wait until just before your visa is set to expire to renew it.

I went into the Immigration at Intramurus in Manila and gave up.  Standing room only and hot. 

Joined the queue for renewing my ACR card, silly me I should have gone to window 5 assessments. Got to window 5 and silly me I should have gone to window 35 visa extensions.  All the time immigration approved fixers kept going to the front with large folders and the clock was ticking. 

Got to window 35 and you can guess the rest.  Roll on June when I find out if I'm paying a fine or not. 

20190425_110130.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 months later...
lippysfam
Posted
Posted

Just renewed my acr card in july making my visa run  the end of aug when i come back will my acr card still be good or will i haveto start over

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, lippysfam said:

Just renewed my acr card in july making my visa run  the end of aug when i come back will my acr card still be good or will i haveto start over

I'm told yes at my Naga City office, that it's good for one year but your mileage may vary. When I did have to renew it, I only had to pay the fee and have my picture taken again in the office, I guess they kept the biometrics to reuse.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Here in CDO I have tried to renew my ACR card twice whilst renewing my extension stay. In both cases the ACR still had a month or so validity left before it expired. They refused to renew the ACR is it had not yet expired. They said just to renew the ACR at the next extension of stay. 

As usual, YMMV.

Ken

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I will laugh loudly now here... I had one ACR card over a year ago. I applied and paid for a new one then too when the old one expired. BI told me that there were no more cards available(!)... I was approved, had visa extension validated... all of it... but there were no cards. It caused me a lot of hassle when flying back to Philippines from Taiwan last year...

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

Here in CDO I have tried to renew my ACR card twice whilst renewing my extension stay. In both cases the ACR still had a month or so validity left before it expired. They refused to renew the ACR is it had not yet expired. They said just to renew the ACR at the next extension of stay. 

As usual, YMMV.

Ken

Me too.