The Brits & That includes us Ex-Pats

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

While on about Moaning in another Topic which I had not intended to include us Expats per-say, My mate @Eddie1 was perfectly right just not in the Right place at the time, However his Opinion was the Perfect opinion of us Brits. Mooching about as I do when left alone I came across this I offer it up so that those that never really understood us can see what we are about. It is somewhat out of date in date terms but I am sure it is still in keeping with my Thoughts and I hope Eddies :wink: Although there are some I do not agree with and those that know me will know which they are:rolleyes:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/debates/3414682/Moaning-drinking-and-queuing-are-what-make-us-British.html

Edited by Jack Peterson
LOL spelling wot els
  • Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm glad I'm Scottish. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Bells ( tell me that again).jpg maybe I will do page on the Jocks Tomorrow :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

You lot moan just as good as us brits , it’s just that we cannot understand a word you are saying.:hystery:

• Haha 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

There are some good ones on there and like you say some very old ones, number one I quoted in another thread already, all I can add ‘ for now’, is it’s a good job we can laugh at ourselves.

• Love it 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

You lot moan just as good as us brits , it’s just that we cannot understand a word you are saying.:hystery:

I don't know.  Some of us can speak Polish also. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Snowy79 said:

I don't know.  Some of us can speak Polish also. :hystery:

That’s another moan from us brits, we expect everyone to speak the queens language, even though we can’t speak it ourselves properly.:whistling:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, stevewool said:

That’s another moan from us brits, we expect everyone to speak the queens language, even though we can’t speak it ourselves properly.:whistling:

Does anyone actually speak their own language properly? :89:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Does anyone actually speak their own language properly? :89:

Listening to Emma speaking Tagalog is beyond me one minute it’s a bit of this and that and next minute it’s a English word thrown in.

I must add Emma speaks very good English, much much better then me, but there is getting a little slang thrown in nowadays.

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Main reason I love it here, everyone is moody in the UK. Get eye contact with a bloke here on a Saturday night and he'll smile at you, in the UK you'll end up having a fight:biggrin:

• Like 2