The other half

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Could it be just me but I have noticed while talking to Emma about nothing important she will never hear all of what I am saying she will either just catch the last few words or hear something that I have never said and then tries to tell me a different question.

I know sometimes if I am concentrating on something else I may miss the first few words but I will try to say ‘what did you say’.

The other day we was out and yes there is the road noise and I may have spoken softly, but her answer was ‘ You know best’, I am sure there was a little sarcastic in that answer, maybe she is becoming the ferfect Philippines/British only hearing what she wants and then being sarcastic about it, bless her.

• Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Could it be just me but I have noticed while talking to Emma about nothing important she will never hear all of what I am saying she will either just catch the last few words or hear something that I have never said and then tries to tell me a different question.

I know sometimes if I am concentrating on something else I may miss the first few words but I will try to say ‘what did you say’.

The other day we was out and yes there is the road noise and I may have spoken softly, but her answer was ‘ You know best’, I am sure there was a little sarcastic in that answer, maybe she is becoming the ferfect Philippines/British only hearing what she wants and then being sarcastic about it, bless her.

My GF acts and sounds the same. She only "remembers" the parts of yesterday's conversations that are beneficial to HER..It's kinda funny and cute. Sometimes when I ask her to get me something and she forgets, she will say something like out of stock, or tomorrow. We both know that she forgot and just laugh it off. 

Seriously we have never been mad at each other for longer than 10 min or so in the almost 15 years we have had together. She's a doll.:thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

She's a doll.:thumbsup:

Aren't they all AK? 

2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

almost 15 years

15 years one wonders why not the Wife :89:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Sad 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I get the same thing she forgets so they have no stock I tell her it is BS and she smiles. As for only hearing what they want it is through lack of concentration and the habit they have of denying everything. But weighing it all up I think I will stay.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't think it's just when you talk to your partner that they have selective hearing, they also have selective reading. 

Like you Steve, my partner only listens to parts of a conversation but she's very bad when it comes to reading messages. I travel a lot so communicate using messenger. I'd easily say on the average day she will ask me something I've literally just messaged her about at least 4 times.  I reply " read my messsage" and she'll go off on one telling me I never told her.  I end up taking a screenshot of the message, highlighting the information and sending it to her.  Or she will read a message 100% wrong. 

A few months back I was getting the tampo treatment from her for a few days and asking what was wrong was met by silence. After about three days the argument started about me allegedly telling my son that she couldn't cook. I told her she's 100% wrong and that I'd never complain about her cooking.  She then called me a liar and said she had proof. I challenged her to prove it and she demanded my phone and started going through my messages whilst muttering about being embarrassed and disgusted that I'd talk about her in that way.  After about 10 minutes and going back about one year into a conversation I had with my son she passed me the phone, called me a liar and told me to read the conversation. My son was asking what Filipino food was like.  I said in general I find the usual menus in restaurants and cafes full of salty foods, lots of fat and also sugar when you wouldn't expect sugar.  I said I'm not a great fan of it, unlike Thai food. All the time I'm reading it she was going off on one. I pointed out the next sentence in the same conversation which said " saying that, Mary is a FANTASTIC cook and makes me some great meals to my taste." She'd been boiling over this for days all because she never read the whole sentence. Filipinos, you've got to love them. :89:

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Aren't they all AK? 

15 years one wonders why not the Wife :89:

Annulments are hard to come by. AND she somehow ended up with TWO birth certificates:SugarwareZ-037: 

• Love it 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Arizona Kid said:

she somehow ended up with TWO birth certificates

Scratching Head.jpg eeny, meeny, miny Mo Comes to mind :whistling: ( Sorry but it is Tuesday)

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Scratching Head.jpg eeny, meeny, miny Mo Comes to mind :whistling: ( Sorry but it is Tuesday)

We've tried twice for the annulment. Somehow the NSO has her exact name with birth dates about 2 months apart. The midwife submitted one date, and her mom provided another at a different date. After paying much money to two different lawyers she finally just gave up. The marriage license she got is between the 2 dates. If we go by the first birth certificate she was under age so the whole thing was not legal. The second birth certificate and everything is hunky dory. It's a conundrum that she got frustrated with and decided not to deal with it anymore.. :mellow:  

• Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

It's a conundrum that she got frustrated with and decided not to deal with it anymore.. :mellow:  

It happens, I for one, am sorry to hear this my Friend :sad:

Edited by Jack Peterson
puntication LOL
  • Thanks 1