Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Your link contradicts itself.  In the same link it says:

1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Could this part throw it out the window unless on a SSRV

A Philippine Retirement Authority identification card;

Well scoff and smile all you want But I have an appointment with the Mayor on Tuesday next and we will see

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

This what I am pursuing on Tuesday;

Can Foreigner to get a Senior Citizen Card in the Philippines, YES. As of 2018, foreigner senior citizens can enjoy the same perks and privileges as that of Filipino senior citizens.

Lawmakers in the country saw their contribution to nation-building. Hence, they gave them their deserved attention. “They bring in considerable investments. They patronize local businesses. They contribute to the local economy, and in some cases take a role in nation-building,” they said.
As a result, lawmakers have passed the bill that would help foreign senior citizens enjoy the same senior citizen benefits of Filipinos. All the requirements that they need to submit are as follows:

ID card issued by the Office of the Senior Citizens Affairs in the place where they reside

A Philippine Retirement Authority identification card;

An Alien Certificate of Registration I-Card;

And other documents that establish that the resident alien is at least 60 years old and a Philippine resident.

Source;

https://ofwmoney.org/senior-citizen/#Guide_to_Foreigner_to_get_a_Senior_Citizen_Card_in_the_Philippines

Maybe I will or will not get to the bottom of this but decided to go to the Top but one in Dumaguete, next the Governor if I have to :wink:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well scoff and smile all you want But I have an appointment with the Mayor on Tuesday next and we will see

All I was pointing out it says one requirement is , A Philippine Retirement Authority identification card

So I was wondering if only those on Srrv could avail one. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

All I was pointing out it says one requirement is , A Philippine Retirement Authority identification card

So I was wondering if only those on Srrv could avail one. 

If they are over 60 and can satisfy all the Requirements I see no reason why not but then...... I will know more on Tuesday at some point but there  are other Forms of Requirement as stated ie; the Alien registration card ie, 13a Permanent Resident :wink: I am sure we are all aware that things change and on this for the better but amendments to web sites are not made quickly enough and do thus contradict themselves, We shall see :smile:

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted

I tip freely in Cebu and pay P250 for haircut here v P1500 in U.S. Grab P200 v Uber P1300. Massage P300 v P3000.

Absolutely discounts are good news but currently feel pretty grateful now on the human labor aspect. 

I need to educate myself, if PLDT is included, etc., that would really help. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Maybe I will or will not get to the bottom of this but decided to go to the Top but one in Dumaguete, next the Governor if I have to :wink:

Better wait until after the election to go to the Governor.  The new one may not agree with the old one.:hystery:

But I'm remembering how I asked the current Governor if the airport is staying in Sibulan or moving to Bacong.  I told you his answer.  People still scoffed.  But now it seems he may have told me the honest answer.

More on Dumaguete Airport (for those who care) in this link

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Foreigner? :89: if so where did he get it? Legal?

I assume the ID (DL) referred to is a driver license.  This would indicate that he is getting a courtesy discount, not the mandated discount.  

I am anxious to see what you here from the higher government sources.   If they say yes, I would ask them for the new law that changed things because I could find nothing official on the web.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Read deep into that article and you will find:

<snip>

The senior citizen act for foreigners is a senate bill that was passed last May 11, 2018 Senate S.B. No. 2832. It seeks to include foreign senior citizens along with the privileges that SC locals enjoy. This is because the government sees them as also being a part of nation building. Despite them being aliens, they can now enjoy local SC privileges through this act.

<snip>

Senate bill 2832 is the bill from several years ago that was never enacted.  If you follow the links you can see a copy of the PDF and part of date on the bill cannot be read.  It was not dated May 11, 2018, it was May 11,  2011.  

This is actually the second time this has reared its ugly head on this forum.  That website is doing a real disservice by publishing bad information that could end up causing an expat to break the law.   What is amazing is how much information they presented on the benefits of the program while assuming that the bill was passed into law.   An excellent example of poor journalism.  :1927_:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well no point me saying anything more as we still really don't Know But I will have the legal point of view on Tuesday I will say something Wednesday ( when I am either licking my wounds  or clapping :hystery:)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

I assume the ID (DL) referred to is a driver license.  This would indicate that he is getting a courtesy discount, not the mandated discount.  

I am anxious to see what you here from the higher government sources.   If they say yes, I would ask them for the new law that changed things because I could find nothing official on the web.

Yes, Mike, it is his driving licence but he does get discount so if it works for him then if anybody wants to save 15 pesos on a jolly bee then go for it just be prepared to wait at the till a little longer.