Internet/Satelitte providers Bohol.

Toku
Posted
Posted

Hi to everyone, first post.

Moving to northern Bohol, finally had enough of the west rat race, changing it for paradise ha ha but do require some home comforts like internet/sat TV. As for providers, seems like Globe are from what I've heard/read the better option plus the house had Globe before.

Globe offer many plans, currently looking at their Globe at Home Plan 2899 Go Unlimited, will this be enough for internet/satellite TV etc?
Sure I expect it to be less Mbps than they say but it's that or the lesser plan Globe at Home Plan 1699 Go Big 20Mbps/600 GB

If using Globe for my internet I guess makes sense to use them for the satellite TV, however do Globe provide this? or should I look at either Cignal
(part of PLDT who I have doubts about) or would GSAT be better as they have many channels. Of note is that I would like to get One
Sports or similar to watch the English football matches unless these can be streamed anyway through the net live??

Any information appreciated, thanks!

Toku

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

We have Globe at Home on a cheaper plan with a 2nd provider on cable, a PLDT reseller, because neither company is 24/7 reliable.  With only one provider there will be times it’s not working.

The first question is what type of internet can you get there?

Fibre? Cable? ADSL?  Wireless?

And same question for TV?

Edited by GeoffH

Toku
Posted
Posted

Thanks, fairly sure only ADSL available and of no more than a range 10/20Mbps/600GB data, no fibre.

It's in the Buenavista area so quite basic, regards any TV, uncertain If Globe can provide anything.

Do these new IPTV providers that work through the internet work here or not?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Toku said:

uncertain If Globe can provide anything.

Try {PLDT) Ultera System on Antenna :smile:

Toku
Posted
Posted

Thanks,

You said - Try {PLDT) Ultera System on Antenna

Would this be for internet and TV as I see they own Cignal who have the kind of channels set up I'm after.

Looking at their site, cannot find any address input to check if mine is doable or because this is antenna is this not really needed?

Their plans, example below don't on the surface seem that generous say compared to Globe, unless I'm missing something here? Or is PLDT superior?

(Think I'm to used to all this being dead straight forward in my home country, will get there in the end!)

Plan 1699 100 GB

Volume Booster 249 10 GB P249

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I dont know what is available in Bohol but recently with a new condo we manage in Cebu it has a TV Plus box which works fine. Also Globe Home prepaid WIFI. Yesterday I tested the speed and was surprised at just under 25 mbps and upload of over 6.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Toku said:

Looking at their site, cannot find any address input to check

Best I can do this morning due to Forum problems but have a look at this page

http://www.pldt.com/news-center/article/2014/07/22/pldt-fiber-expansion-in-bohol-to-boost-bpo-and-tourism-industries#.XLkvaokzbcc

Hope you get sorted My friend, you may need to trawl the page to get to contacts you need.

Jack:shades:

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I have plan 1299 which gives me 100GB/10 mbps - actual speed is usually around 11-12 mbps!  For cable TV,  I'd say go for Cignal as they have EPL available and many more channels than GSAT (or so my neighbour tells me who has GSAT).  I believe you can combine Cignal and Globe as one package.  I can top up for 99php for an extra 50mb.  I guess the unlimited data plan is great if you are a netflix user.  

• Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 4/17/2019 at 7:58 PM, Toku said:

Hi to everyone, first post.

Moving to northern Bohol, finally had enough of the west rat race, changing it for paradise ha ha but do require some home comforts like internet/sat TV. As for providers, seems like Globe are from what I've heard/read the better option plus the house had Globe before.

Globe offer many plans, currently looking at their Globe at Home Plan 2899 Go Unlimited, will this be enough for internet/satellite TV etc?
Sure I expect it to be less Mbps than they say but it's that or the lesser plan Globe at Home Plan 1699 Go Big 20Mbps/600 GB

If using Globe for my internet I guess makes sense to use them for the satellite TV, however do Globe provide this? or should I look at either Cignal
(part of PLDT who I have doubts about) or would GSAT be better as they have many channels. Of note is that I would like to get One
Sports or similar to watch the English football matches unless these can be streamed anyway through the net live??

Any information appreciated, thanks!

Toku

I had Sky Cable before I switched to Cignal. The providers are so cheap that they rarely have new TV shows on. A tv show eg. How It's Made that I saw 2 or 3 years ago will start showing up again. Too cheap to buy new content. That's why I just download the TV shows that I want to watch, put them on a USB and watch them when I feel like it.:SugarwareZ-037:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I had Sky Cable before I switched to Cignal. The providers are so cheap that they rarely have new TV shows on. A tv show eg. How It's Made that I saw 2 or 3 years ago will start showing up again. Too cheap to buy new content. That's why I just download the TV shows that I want to watch, put them on a USB and watch them when I feel like it.:SugarwareZ-037:

2 or 3 years?  More like 2 or 3 weeks!

Seriously though, I have looked at GSAT, Cignal. Planet and Sky Cable and Cignal seems to provide the best choice of channels with less of the local channels that are of little interest to most of us foreigners.  But, yes, they do tend to repeat themselves over time but when we compare what we pay here compared to the UK (and I'm sure the US) it's easy to see why.