US Military disarmed and held at gunpoint on US soil.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The problem with wall construction is you can't place it exactly at the border. The border is the Rio Grande and the soil at the river bank is unstable. So in some areas of the USA/Mexico border, the wall has to be build north of the official demarcation line. I think this is what happened in this situation. The Mexican Federal police sees armed American solders south of the wall. The Americans were on US territory, but it is confusing because Mexicans now think the border is the wall. Another future problem is immigrants can cross the river into the United States right before the wall barricade. They can petition for asylum because they are technically inside US territory. Now what?

• Like 3

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

The US is lucky there was no actual backlash for firing tear gas into Mexico. Disarming a couple of Gomer Pyles is nothing. We would have done the same.

• Sad 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Old55 said:

Maybe I should have said irrelevant. This kind of thing has happened numerous times throughout the years. Nothing will come of it. It's not as uncommon as you might think.:shades:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Maybe I should have said irrelevant. This kind of thing has happened numerous times throughout the years. Nothing will come of it. It's not as uncommon as you might think.:shades:

This is true. The Mexican authorities were polite respectful and once they realized their mistake quickly returned to Mexico.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 4/22/2019 at 2:00 PM, JDDavao said:

The US is lucky there was no actual backlash for firing tear gas into Mexico. Disarming a couple of Gomer Pyles is nothing. We would have done the same.

I know you must be making a joke comparing Marines to Gomer Pyle, but trust me, you would want them on your side if you needed them. They are a dedicated,tough bunch of guys and were most likely following orders so as not to create a conflict.:Happy:

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Armed Mexicans entering US?

Might be time to resurrect Pershing. 

170203-john-pershing-ap-1160.jpg

or Patton.

Patton_in_Mexico_2.PNG

:tongue: