The Silence is Deafening

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well  Guy's,

I have to say, I'm surprised that nobody here has mentioned the Suicide Bombings in Sri-Lanka yesterday Easter Sunday.

As a practicing Christian, I was also shocked and appalled, that very little condemnation has been said by Sri-Lankan Government Officials,

politicians or World Governments, considering the tragic events that took place in New Zealand recently and how widely that was condemed.

This is a stark reminder of how we have become complacence to the loss of life, that is happening around the World almost everyday.

Whatever you believe or don't believe, 290 lives and over 500 injured people ( latest count) is a horrific attack on Human Rights.

To walk into a gathering of people and explode a bomb knowingly, that many will be killed is Inhuman, and can never be justified in the name of GOD,

no matter who you consider GOD to be!

My message Friday in Jack's Quotes and again yesterday " Easter 2019" was simply offering a message of peace, little did I know that while I was typing that message, across the world such horrific events were happening!

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 3
  • Love it 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

Western media don't cover atrocities in developing countries with anything close to the level of media attention that they do atrocities in Western countries.

I'm not saying I agree with that but it is what happens and whilst i saw coverage on the Asian news web site I read I saw almost nothing on Australian news web sites.

It is never the less a horrendous tragedy :(

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

World Governments

I disagree as I seen many world leaders condemning this terrorism including the Philippines.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It is on most of the news I have seen. Not with the intensity of the NZ attack but still widespread.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Little coverage US nitwit news.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I disagree as I seen many world leaders condemning this terrorism including the Philippines.

Respectfully, that ain't what's showing on BBC news up till now!

One remark by the leader of Sri Lanka was showing concern for their economy and tourism

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

One remark by the leader of Sri Lanka was showing concern for their economy and tourism 

Sri-Lanka isn't high in my list of places to visit.  Usually, I check the Internet for images and there isn't  a lot of attractions enticing me to visit Sri-Lanka.  This might be unfair, but my travel priorities are elsewhere.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Widely and continuously reported here in the UK virtually from after it happened.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Respectfully, that ain't what's showing on BBC news up till now!

My news sources are far wider than the TV.

BBC I have no idea about but the point is that his disaster is being shown world wide and commented on. Perhaps look at other media to see what is said world wide.  :cheersty:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gary D said:

Widely and continuously reported here in the UK virtually from after it happened.

That is correct, however I think somewhere  my point was missed, certainly regarding day one with regards to leaders of Sri Lanka who while awaiting the return of their PM/ leader, chose not to see it as it was, compared to the immediate outpouring in New Zealand.

1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

My news sources are far wider than the TV.

JGF,

I shall not be commenting  any further, other than suggest you read other peoples comments behind the online news of this tragic event who share my opinion. respectfully again. JB

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic