The Silence is Deafening

Mick
Posted
Posted

According to some British news outlets. It was the fault of the New Zealand gun man..... So there you have it... 

:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Kuya John said:

GF,

I shall not be commenting  any further, other than suggest you read other peoples comments behind the online news of this tragic event who share my opinion. respectfully again. JB

I can not understand your view? It's been pointed out that coverage is getting out at the time which will depend on where you live or what media you are using.

But to say you wont comment anymore is rather ridiculous to me because what's the point of having discussions no matter where you are in the world if one decides that they wont participate in something they started.  :89:

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I can not understand your view? It's been pointed out that coverage is getting out at the time which will depend on where you live or what media you are using.

But to say you wont comment anymore is rather ridiculous to me because what's the point of having discussions no matter where you are in the world if one decides that they wont participate in something they started.  :89:

Ok JGF I will answer,

When I first posted the thread I had just heard the terrible news, the BBC coverage at that point showed very little information.

The spokesperson for the Sri-Lankan Government during that clip made little or nothing with regards to the dead or injured.

In a slightly later statement it was said that the "Terrorist's"  had done what they did to destabilise the economy and tourism.

During both clip's I watched there was no condemnation by other Government's was mentioned at that point.

I appreciate that other News channels, as pointed out in another posting by scott H, the Asian news channel's were ahead , but before I posted the thread I checked the forum and could not find any information, so I posted how I felt at that moment, hence the title "The silence is deafening".

You personally questioned my postings as if what I was saying was not true, not wanting to digress from the horrific events out of respect for those who lost their lives and those injured, I felt it best to let any misunderstanding between us lie, by not commenting further.

I hope that clears things up........I would like to add my deepest sympathy is with those who lost their loved ones and pray that those suffering injury will overcome the scar's of what has happened to them.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

You personally questioned my postings as if what I was saying was not true, not wanting to digress from the horrific events out of respect for those who lost their lives and those injured, I felt it best to let any misunderstanding between us lie, by not commenting further.

Thank you for your reply

NO I was not questioning your post as in true or false. The only thing which came to my mind is your comment that  more or less the horror was not newsworthy worldwide. 

This was not the case at all so sorry if you did not see my point.

Nothing more to say.

Just a note for all members. Keep the religion stuff out of posts as it never ends well just like the horror that causes it. 

• Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think God must have been sleeping when these terror attacks happened.  You know like he did during the Holocaust and every other case where millions of innocents are massacred. 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Snowy79 said:

I think God must have been sleeping when these terror attacks happened.  You know like he did during the Holocaust and every other case where millions of innocents are massacred. 

But don`t you know that God only takes care of your soul. That was what I was told by a priest in Cebu city.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic