DU30 Threatens War Against Canada

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Was it all just an issue because the public found out and started protesting?

I believe it started with a Pollution that thought he should be Vice President :wink: Muck throwing i think it is called and a bit stuck

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

I'll do my part by not purchasing any Canadian imports here in the Philippines.:laugh:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well here you have it hahahahaha

Canada commits to take back trash, resolve issue with PH
By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora  April 24, 2019, 2:30 pm Share
MANILA -- The Canadian Embassy in Manila on Wednesday reiterated Ottawa's commitment to resolve the issue of garbage shipped to the Philippines in 2013 following a warning from President Rodrigo Duterte.

"Our Prime Minister (Justin Trudeau) committed and has recommitted to resolving this issue, including taking the waste back to Canada. He said that in numerous occasions but we can only do that in partnership of the government of the Philippines," Ambassador John Holmes said, noting the issue is "complicated" and that "legal and other issues" need to be resolved first.

The envoy stressed that both sides continue to work towards a solution and have in fact established a working group that convened a meeting in Canada two months ago.

"The progress is good but the Philippine side agrees that it's a complex issue that needs to be worked through very carefully."

Asked what challenges they are facing, Holmes refused to provide details saying "it's very complex."

He also declined to put a timeline as to when the shipment could be sent back to its origin.

"I'm not putting a timeframe on it but I want to reiterate what our Prime Minister said, he's committed to allowing those containers to be brought back to Canada."

In 2017, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said legal restrictions have prevented the return of the waste to Canada.

Among these issues is which party will pay for the shipment.

More than a hundred container vans from Canada arrived in batches at the Port of Manila from 2013 to 2014.

Initially declared to contain only plastic scraps, it was found to have non-recyclable plastics, household wastes and used adult diapers.

Holmes acknowledged that the two states face "occasional challenge," but overall, Ottawa and Manila have a "strong partnership."

"This is the 70th anniversary of our bilateral relations, we have outstanding relations with the government and people of the Philippines, we have good and growing trade relationship. Overall, it's a strong partnership."

"We have the occasional challenge, that's normal but we count on good cooperation from our colleagues in the Philippines and the almost one million Filipinos who live in Canada," he said. (PNA)

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Nice to see that it takes forming a working group to resolve this complicated matter. Am I missing something but surely Canada shipped waste that the Philippines never wanted so isn't it a case of return to sender?  The company that got the export licence obviously broke the conditions of their licence and are responsible. Disband the working group and just send me a consultation fee.  I don't know what the going rate is for taking 5 seconds to solve this complicated issue. :89:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Nice to see that it takes forming a working group to resolve this complicated matter. Am I missing something but surely Canada shipped waste that the Philippines never wanted so isn't it a case of return to sender?  The company that got the export licence obviously broke the conditions of their licence and are responsible. Disband the working group and just send me a consultation fee.  I don't know what the going rate is for taking 5 seconds to solve this complicated issue. :89:

Sparkies earn too much so they will find somebody cheaper than you, maybe my daughter(6yo) could have spoken to them.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

She could lead the working group. Joking aside it appears that under the protection of the environment and looking like they're doing their bit for saving the World, Governments are making a fortune. 

The have increased the cost of disposing waste in their countries to an extent where most businesses can't afford it.  They then sell licences to export the waste to foreign countries where it is cheaper then boast about how they've cut waste back by x percent.

A case of throwing your waste into next doors garden then bragging about how clean your garden is compared to theirs.  

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

taking the waste back to Canada

Taking the waste back "to Canada" but not mentioning acceptance in Canada has me thinking of a 6 month trip on a leaking barge that sinks on the way.

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2019 at 10:07 PM, Foreigner said:

Philippines' Duterte gives Canada 1 week to take back garbage or 'we will declare war'

Filipino President Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday reportedly threatened to "declare war" against Canada within the next week if the country fails to remove tons of garbage that was previously shipped to Manila.

Duterte, in remarks aired by state media and reported by The Canadian Press, said he will "give a warning to Canada maybe next week that they better pull that thing out or I will set sail."

"I will declare war against them. I will advise Canada that your garbage is on the way. Prepare a grand reception. Eat it if you want to," he said. "Your garbage is coming home."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/duterte-philippines-canada-garbage-declare-war

It's obvious at this point (if it wasn't a long time ago) that DU30 is Donald President in a barong.

Edited by Reboot
mistake
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Bottom line..Canada caved because their country could in no way stand up to the military might of the Philippine Air Force, Navy, Marines, Army and Coast Guard. Not to mention the housekeepers, nurses, and caregivers that the Philippines provides to Canada's aging community. Smart move on Canada's' part.:89::89::89:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1