What happens if you don’t pay your debt

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Not to sure where to put this , but if its in the wrong place then please move it.

Emma has just been asked to borrow, lend or give away 100,000 peso to help here sister, why you may ask.

1 To help with a new business adventure , water purification to run from the sisters home.

2 To help with the extension they are having built on the side of the house to start this new adventure.

3 To help pay  the mortgage they have not paid on there property and are getting phone calls and interest added to that loan.

Now I have no idea which one it is and there could be more to come but my question is what happens when you fall behind in mortgage payments , is interest added daily can the house be taken over and could they be kicked out .

As usual Emma is concerned for his sister and her nieces and nephews and Emma has told her sister to contact me as I do all the finances, my concern is getting the facts with out lies.

If they have defaulted on the mortgage ( forgot to pay 3 or more months) or ran out of money for the extension ( I have seen pictures of all the scaffolding) then how the hell can they have this new business adventure .

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

You should ask for the formal business plan.  :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

For that amount of money - I would get a lawyer, and get the mortgage if they when they default.  (her family knows not to ask me for money, though)

• Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

You should ask for the formal business plan.  :hystery:

Do the ever have plans for anything.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tukaram (Tim) said:

For that amount of money - I would get a lawyer, and get the mortgage if they when they default.  (her family knows not to ask me for money, though)

Now we are both retired I have no spare money .

• Love it 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

It is important to formalize the relationship (i.e.) "This is a business loan with an interest payment of..."  As already suggested, have a lawyer prepare the documents and have it notarized.  The reason is your relatives might borrow elsewhere explaining they have a rich Kano as an investor.  The documentation prevents being a target for any loan default from someone else.  In loans to family, you have to consider complete loss with no recourse.  Whether the amount is P20K, P50K or P100K, can you afford to walk away?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

There is no loan from me at all, I don’t want to be involved in a partnership in a new business adventure but I also don’t want to see the family turned out of the house, so if they are behind on the payments what happens then .

Here is I was to be behind in my mortgage payments and having difficulty I could arrange a meeting and to try to sort the problem, is it the same in the Philippines.

• Love it 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Three island rule Steve. I am serious about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Three island rule Steve. I am serious about that.

Three island rule, I have tried looking this up but I am lost on this one.