What happens if you don’t pay your debt

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I do try my hardest not to be burnt ever again.

Steve, never say never,:wink: sometimes it hurts yes but it happens

• Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Me and my wife always seem to get paid back to be fair. My wifes got a ridiculously high credit limit with BPI for some reason so her family are always asking her to take a loan out for them, always gets it back.
Only one time that it was hassle getting money back, wife threatened to post it on Facebook and she had the money within 2-3 hours lol.

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, 526 said:

"Let them eat cake."

That attitude in the Philippines could render the same results as it did for Marie Antoinette.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I lend money to my sis-in law, her hubby is a merchant sailor, sometimes she has a late payment sent from her hubby. I have always got paid back  sometimes with extra pesos even we don't ask for the extra pesos.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Thin end of the wedge Steve me old mate.... as droves of foreigner asawas have discovered, before you.   

Put your foot down. They'll have hundreds of other relatives to pass the hat to,  if the need is genuine and urgent,  and maybe the lazy gits in the family can do some work instead of drinking themselves to death.  Meanwhile,  you can have a happy and relaxed retirement, not a bloody nightmare. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Mick said:

I just get the odd report from others that the white rich guy is tight.... Good enough for me

Better to be tight than skinned out by people who will not pay you back.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Me thinks the "What happens if you don't pay your debt" could be rephrased as "What happens if you pay your pinoy family's debt".  

Answer:

"Sir Steve, next month's mortgage is due again, and the water station equipment needs repair, and we have no income because we can't sell water." 

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've just had the pleasure of blocking four aquaintences from my messenger.  Opened their messages to get the begging for a loan requests.  I explained that due to the actions of others who promised to repay then never the bank is now closed. 

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well all quite from the Philippines, still no message from the sister, plus Ems is saying nothing too, it seems that as Emma has told them to contact myself she has passed it on to me and the weight has been lifted from her shoulders , it’s a good job I have bigger shoulders .

It seems more has come out from under the floorboards , end of the day get a  job is the best advice I can give them when and if they make contact.

• Thanks 1