What happens if you don’t pay your debt

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Well all quite from the Philippines, still no message from the sister, plus Ems is saying nothing too, it seems that as Emma has told them to contact myself she has passed it on to me and the weight has been lifted from her shoulders , it’s a good job I have bigger shoulders .

It seems more has come out from under the floorboards , end of the day get a  job is the best advice I can give them when and if they make contact.

Just wait until you arrive Steve.....

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Just wait until you arrive Steve.....

Long time from now until December, maybe the extension will be up ,maybe the water business will be up and running , maybe the mortgage payments will be caught up and maybe the partner will be working to help pay for all these things.

Or maybe it was all a dream and none of these things ever happened but they have a new car on finance now.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Or maybe it was all a dream and none of these things ever happened but they have a new car on finance now.

Then time I think to say middle finger.png  I Know I Would but..............................:whatever:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Then time I think to say middle finger.png  I Know I Would but..............................:whatever:

I do that already , that’s why they won’t ask me, but like many of us we are there in emergencies it’s just trying to work out the emergency through the wants.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

it’s just trying to work out the emergency through the wants.

Ah! well there you have it Steve, in many cases is more Wants than Needs :huh:

• Like 3

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted

The sooner you are considered either cheap, strict or selfish the sooner you set the perfect boundaries. Those words are all euphemisms for “we can’t get what we want”.

Stay away from the most innocuous stuff too. The most recent mistake I made. Painter asks to borrow our P5K extra nice aluminum ladder so he can do a nice job paining out a property. We notice every time we go the good ladder is not there and a handmade P200 (?) ladder was being used.

Turns out he was keeping our nice ladder clean to pawn it. They have a bizarre rationalization here. He said he was sorry but he needed the money as if that was the unquestionable justification. Fortunately the many good filipino alerted me and we took the ladder back and we fired him.

My only point is the most simple, harmless, friendly  act here can turn into an interpersonal nightmare. Best to be very consistent with boundaries and not let your guard down like I did. It’s rare but I did. No good deed.... 

• Like 5

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted

P.S: I normally rather spend a day with a Filipino then somebody from my home country (U.S) it is just that a few relevant subjects will come up about Filipino behaviors. By constantly interacting and reading the forums I sort of rely on their really good sides and stay incredibly far away from their few weaker sides.

I wanted to mention that because I don’t paint with an all negative brush and if I fall into that trap I hope to be called on it. 🙂

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, RubberChicken said:

I normally rather spend a day with a Filipino then somebody from my home country

Yes, I can see where you are coming from here RC, If I ever need to understand something about the Local people and those that give me cause of concern, I go to my local Sori Sori owner and sit with him and chew some fat about any problems I come across, He is a batch mate of my Wife ( As is his wife) They have had that shop open for more than 15 years now and His father before him, there is not much he doesn't know about life and problems in this barangay and provided it will not affect him personally he is more than willing to point me in the right Direction, When these types of Small businesses are in existence for so many years there has to be something, we ( I anyway) should be listening too  :thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
bamfurlong
Posted
Posted

i once had a relative of my wife ask for investment in a business and he would send me my monthy income HA! HA! HA!

Anyway i told him yessssssss i am looking also for an invester in the UK, and asked him to give me 10 thousand pounds and i would send to him his  monthly income, Hon?? where is your relative ? is that his motorcycle speeding away??

Over the years i have seen so many start business with other peoples money but they have no idea how to run it....my own sister in law sells food from her canteen and then at the end of the day thinks all the cash in the till is her income,,,no thought to dividing it for stock, gas, electric and then the left is hers.

then she comes asking for money for stock,,, learned a long time ago not to lend , i say i dont want to lose you as a friend when you dont pay back,,and in philippines there are so many places to borrow, loan shark, indians, rural banks but they will come after you if not pay

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, bamfurlong said:

i once had a relative of my wife ask for investment in a business and he would send me my monthy income HA! HA! HA!

Anyway i told him yessssssss i am looking also for an invester in the UK, and asked him to give me 10 thousand pounds and i would send to him his  monthly income, Hon?? where is your relative ? is that his motorcycle speeding away??

Over the years i have seen so many start business with other peoples money but they have no idea how to run it....my own sister in law sells food from her canteen and then at the end of the day thinks all the cash in the till is her income,,,no thought to dividing it for stock, gas, electric and then the left is hers.

then she comes asking for money for stock,,, learned a long time ago not to lend , i say i dont want to lose you as a friend when you dont pay back,,and in philippines there are so many places to borrow, loan shark, indians, rural banks but they will come after you if not pay

It's kinda funny how people think here. I had a former friend try to cheat me out of P16,000. After I went to the cops to get the money back, and I did, he thought we were going to be chummy again. No way Jose.:ohmy: