Holding a grudge

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Forgive and forget, holding a grudge or what ever you want to call it, do Filipinos hold grudges and behind there smiles do they want nothing to do with you.

• Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think it depends what it's over and who knows.  My dealings with the locals tend to make me think that as long as you are of use to them they will remain sociable.  They are also extremely thick skinned, in that when you refuse to give them something they'll ask again tomorrow then the next day until you eventually give in. 

The ones that have had less dealings with Westerners have actually been great to me.  I think once they've been around Westerners a lot the jealousy creeps in and the respect goes. 

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I think it depends what it's over and who knows.  My dealings with the locals tend to make me think that as long as you are of use to them they will remain sociable.  They are also extremely thick skinned, in that when you refuse to give them something they'll ask again tomorrow then the next day until you eventually give in. 

The ones that have had less dealings with Westerners have actually been great to me.  I think once they've been around Westerners a lot the jealousy creeps in and the respect goes. 

If THEY do a wrong against YOU they don't want to talk about anymore if some time has passed. The other way around they pretend to be perfect angels.:smile: 

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

My wife calls it having a plastic face. Hold grudges yes forever.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

The locals I have come across will cut their nose to spite their face. I have had one man making it difficult for me to buy land because the land he wanted to sell me was not suitable for me. He is stupid as I was going to buy his lot as an investment but not to live there, now he has nothing from me and I have purchased the land we want to live on. He is still trying to sell his land after 5 years.

Grudges are for small minded silly people I never hold grudges I just remember what the person is like and treat my relationship with them accordingly. Grudges are not productive and stifle any dealings/relationship.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, stevewool said:

do Filipinos hold grudges

IMHO, yes defiantly. Never a week goes by where a killing reported in the paper is not over a property dispute. That's just an obvious example

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I would have put this in "Quotes of the day" but it seemed very apt here for those with empty heads:whistling:;

Grudges.jpg :tiphat:

Jack :smile:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

The locals I have come across will cut their nose to spite their face. I have had one man making it difficult for me to buy land because the land he wanted to sell me was not suitable for me. He is stupid as I was going to buy his lot as an investment but not to live there, now he has nothing from me and I have purchased the land we want to live on. He is still trying to sell his land after 5 years.

Grudges are for small minded silly people I never hold grudges I just remember what the person is like and treat my relationship with them accordingly. Grudges are not productive and stifle any dealings/relationship.

I mentioned to a friendly neighbour 2 years ago that his maid cranks up music the second he leaves home. Ha denIed this an hasn't spoken to me since.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, RBM said:

Ha denIed this an hasn't spoken to me since.

In 2 places at once comes to mind Bruce :89: Could it be do as you want when I am not here? :wink: It happens :whistling: