Holding a grudge

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

the second he leaves home... Ha denIed this

If he left, how does know what the maid does or does not do?  He must have a nanny cam?   :tiphat: 

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

If he left, how does know what the maid does or does not do?  He must have a nanny cam?   :tiphat: 

Because RBM told him! :whistling:

Maybe next time RBM record the loud noise :thumbsup:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Gary D said:

My wife calls it having a plastic face. Hold grudges yes forever.

Thick faced is the most common term here in Cavite.:wink:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 4/25/2019 at 2:51 PM, stevewool said:

Forgive and forget, holding a grudge or what ever you want to call it, do Filipinos hold grudges and behind there smiles do they want nothing to do with you.

When I arrived here in 2002 I was invited to a small drinking group across the street at a sari sari store that one of the guys owned. It was a Barkada I later learned. I used to join them about once a week for a few hours at night. That was back when drinking on the street was allowed. I thought everything was good until my bro in law told me that they were making fun of me, and his wife backed up his story. I never joined them again, and they never knew why after repeated attempts by them to get me to join them. That is the only grudge I've had since I've been here. I'm much more aware of smiling faces and what they really mean. :56da64a413b01_3_12_311:

graham59
Posted
Posted

You need to learn about 'loss of face' very quickly after arriving in the Phils.

The cost to 'punish you' permanently can be only p5,000. 

I do my best to keep the male relatives and friends humoured and happy, but I also know when NOT to join them drinking (and that is most of the time). 

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Because RBM told him! :whistling:

Maybe next time RBM record the loud noise :thumbsup:

Mr Kuya John, perhaps some of the old timers here like yours truly can remember...A child was murdered south of Cebu some years ago, a Norwegian couple were charged, basically on facial identification from small children. The evidence of a CTV camera showing  they were in their room at time of murder changed nothing......What chance would video evidence have with a local when his maid says otherwise.....It is what it is......

Fortunately powers intervened on the Norwegians behalf an after a horrendous month or so he left the country. 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

RBM,

I don't recall the incident sorry, but on the basis of what you have described happened, as an Expat, I would say that we all have to be very careful we don't end up in a similar situation or compromise ourselves unwittingly,  it would also appear that we have no rights to challenge anything in Philippines, thanks for the lesson. :thumbsup:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

it would also appear that we have no rights to challenge anything in Philippines, thanks for the lesson. :thumbsup:

Well JB Things are getting better if handled the right way :wink:

• Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well JB Things are getting better if handled the right way :wink:

I know where to come for advice then :thumbsup:

• Hmm thinking 1