Fiesta Time

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Time for the traffic to get even more painfully slow, so a tiny minority can clog traffic for the vast majority, so they can slowly make their way down the roads with their balloons and dancing! Public transportation backed up for kilometers. What the hell..It's Filipino time.:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

What the hell..It's Filipino

Totally agree here, Fiesta time is a big PITA  Not so much the Traffic in our Area but the Noise the Rubbish and the opportunist thieves But as we Say only in the Philippines :whatever:

• Like 1

Rayj
Posted
Posted (edited)

Same in my wife’s street. Noise till midnight.  They move on after Easter. I guess they moved on to yours now. 

Edited by Rayj

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

When are you guys going to stop crapping about life in the Philippines and start enjoying its unique cultural offerings including the annual fiesta?  If you really dislike the fiesta, just ask the dates and take a holiday away from the local festivities. 

• Like 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

When are you guys going to stop crapping about life in the Philippines and start enjoying its unique cultural offerings including the annual fiesta?  If you really dislike the fiesta, just ask the dates and take a holiday away from the local festivities. 

That's what I'm going to do in July, they had a stage setup with banks of loudspeakers Playing extremely loud noise from 10am till 2:30 am. Even the locals were complaining.

So I'm forced to take a weeks holiday somewhere, anywhere that's peaceful.  

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Which is why I am back in Australia, out in the bush for a break from it.

virginprune
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, JJReyes said:

The adjoining barangay to me has a fiesta 5 days a week every week of the year. At midnight it doesn't stop the volume gets turned up and then carries on till 3 am. How long should I take my holiday for?

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, virginprune said:

The adjoining barangay to me has a fiesta 5 days a week every week of the year. At midnight it doesn't stop the volume gets turned up and then carries on till 3 am. How long should I take my holiday for?

I wouldn't put up with that. 

Edited by jimeve

Rayj
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Rayj
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife chooses our 2 weeks vacation here and it always the homecoming time prior to Easter. I replied to the OP as I had never heard this topic mentioned before in any forum I had been in. I pledged long ago that I would do as you say if I ever came to live here. As for culture, hawking cheap goods and food, is the only cultural activities I see. The street in front of the fire station, emergency police, and emt are totally  clogged so if an emergency ever did happen, it would be a madhouse.  As I previously stated, I had never seen this topic mentioned in ANY of the 10 forums I have been in over the course of my 14 years of reading Filipino forums. Why is it that when I step out and make a legitimately innocent comment , I always get slammed?

Edited by Rayj
  • Like 1