Fiesta Time

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, JJReyes said:

When are you guys going to stop crapping about life in the Philippines and start enjoying its unique cultural offerings including the annual fiesta?  If you really dislike the fiesta, just ask the dates and take a holiday away from the local festivities. 

Firstly it is not a culture to have a boom boom noise near somebody else's house. This is people who don`t care about other people which we are told the people here are caring to each other. Three examples, number 1 I lived in Dalaguete and there was a reunion in the school by our house. OK but the boom boom noise was so loud it was bouncing the pictures on the walls. I asked my LL to tell them to turn it down and was told I cannot as the Mayor is there. That finished at 4 am I just started getting to sleep when some idiot started another disco off 2  so total 28 hours of continuous noise. #3 which has happened many times. Somebody near you has a party and hires Karaoke, fine they turn off at midnight ok all is good nah 5 am when they get up the start again just to get their moneys worth. JR this is not culture it is selfish people. As Jimeve said even the locals are complaining.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rayj
Posted
Posted

ok, rant over, I got a little excited there. I was genuinely interested in the route the vendors take. In the case of my wife’s barangay, itinerant vendors ( mainly Muslims ) set up 2 months or more before Easter then leave until the next year. Some vendors are local.  I plan to travel to quiet islands when the time comes that I live there during the fiesta. That could be 10 years from now, and maybe the fiesta will move to another part of town by then.

virginprune
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, jimeve said:

I wouldn't put up with that. 

I'm not. I'm looking to move as soon as I get a buyer for my place.

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
Just now, virginprune said:

I'm not. I'm looking to move as soon as I get a buyer for my place.

Make sure there are no Sites where they can put a stage up. I'm sure you will do that. Best of luck.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Rayj said:

during the fiesta.

The noise and rubbish lasts but 5 days max around here but the Bigger concern is the Extended Families of the More dubious Residents that are well known for the skulduggery that they bring when Visiting at Fiesta time. I will be Interested to see how the % rise of Robberies that no doubt will  rise next week which is our barangay Fiesta week :571c66d400c8c_1(103): We normally get 2 per year on average over the 7 years I have been here but that can rise to 8 (Last year) This year :whatever: Of course they will be around Longer this year than just the Fiesta week as it is also Voting Time soon :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Rayj said:

ok, rant over, I got a little excited there. I was genuinely interested in the route the vendors take. In the case of my wife’s barangay, itinerant vendors ( mainly Muslims ) set up 2 months or more before Easter then leave until the next year. Some vendors are local.  I plan to travel to quiet islands when the time comes that I live there during the fiesta. That could be 10 years from now, and maybe the fiesta will move to another part of town by then.

Rayj, I don't reckon you have to apologise for anything, whether you can consider it a rant or not.

Where I live in Camarines Norte I have found that when there is a celebration of any kind coming up I stock up on my choice of refreshment and have my sound system ready to go, I think that if you can't beat them you might as well join the noise because the locals do not have any consideration whatsoever for their neighbours, this even goes to the Catholic church 500 metres away that cranks it loudspeakers up at 5:30 every morning and I mean every bloody morning.

Caring society my fat bum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 4/28/2019 at 9:44 AM, JJReyes said:

When are you guys going to stop crapping about life in the Philippines and start enjoying its unique cultural offerings including the annual fiesta?  If you really dislike the fiesta, just ask the dates and take a holiday away from the local festivities. 

Ok MR. Grouchie..You win! But who doesn't like to complain now and then?:grouphugg:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

that cranks it loudspeakers up at 5:30 every morning and I mean every bloody morning.

That's about the time I wake up every morning anyways. Force of habit from 22 years in the military maybe. Then you have the drunkards that aren't satisfied with lighting their Kwitis during the day..but keep the occasional explosion going to the wee hours during Fiesta. Those are the guys that I wish I had a magic hand that could go slap them upside the head!:angry_80_anim_gif: 

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Yes, I am now 67 years of age and worked shift work all my life, so I would just appreciate waking up on my terms, especially after I wake up at 3 a.m. and then try and go back to sleep for a few hours.

I should have tried to live on an Island somewhere away from people, because even in my efforts to live out of town away from everyone they still caught up with me, I now don't have any hesitation of going to the customer counter at the local SM store and asking them to turn the music down, so loud that you can't think. There is a local restaurant we  frequent a lot and soon as we walk in the door they turn the music down, I just cannot see the point of going out to lunch or dinner and you can't have a conversation because of the noise levels.

Is the Philippines the noisiest place in the world?

Rayj
Posted
Posted

I think  the Dominican Republic might have all beat. They drive in their jeeps with monster size speakers blaring making “Public Service Announcements” too.