Chimney

jimeve
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

Not my theory, I googled this :smile:

If you put one of those whirly fan things attached to the top of the chimney, don't know what they are called. I supposed that may make a tiny difference.

Apart from that, decorative view only. Unless you believe in Santa claus :hystery: 

• Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

White tile it ? :89: if not used for any other purpose 

Just tried to upload "How to keep a house cool in a hot climate"........... thrown out with 503 error

It’s a roof deck the top is, I am trying to look up things before we get there and try to make a list of what we would like and what we can have.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, jimeve said:

If you put one of those whirly fan things attached to the top of the chimney, don't know what they are called. I supposed that may make a tiny difference.

Apart from that, decorative view only. Unless you believe in Santa claus :hystery: 

You will never know unless you try, 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, jimeve said:

:56fdd33e91832_santalaugh: Guess What Jim mate :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

:56fdd33e91832_santalaugh: Guess What Jim mate :whistling:

Ho ho ho.

• Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, stevewool said:

You will never know unless you try, 

They do look nice have to admit. The ones in Spanish homes.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, jimeve said:

They do look nice have to admit. The ones in Spanish homes.

As a newby it’s all down to trail or error but the most important thing is to ask for advice from those who has been before me, yes it could work and yes it could be a nice feature too, as long as it’s not cost a fortune and it’s wasted money I may give it a go.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, stevewool said:

As a newby it’s all down to trail or error but the most important thing is to ask for advice from those who has been before me, yes it could work and yes it could be a nice feature too, as long as it’s not cost a fortune and it’s wasted money I may give it a go.

This web site has some good ideas:

http://www.yourhome.gov.au/passive-design/passive-cooling

If you look at the solar chimneys, perhaps that is what they utilize in Spain?  What part of Spain has chimneys?  The solar chimney has to be on the sunny / hot side of the house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

image.png

Just a thought.

• Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Old55 said:

image.png

Just a thought.

Yes that’s just like what Emma wants, my concern about this is if we are not there for months or years , then who is going to look after them service them and who is going to get the use of them after I have paid for them.

With some aircon systems I have stayed in the Philippines they seem to give my a dry throat in the mornings or are very noisy, but we are not there yet and things may have improved lots by the time we get there too,