Car ports

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, stevewool said:

When I did double glazing here in England ,we fitted many conservatory’s with polycarbonate roofing sheets, we use to use a silver foil tape on the ends plus also a plastic end cap, maybe it’s something to look into before we do anything .

One of the problems here is getting the materials - not a huge choice around even in the bigger hardware stores.  As I said above, there is a solution available as long as the contractor actually remembers to fit it

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 4/28/2019 at 8:26 PM, stevewool said:

metal frame with corrugated roofing sheets

I had one built with a tin roof, It's hot when sunny you would need it insulated. Cheap enough to build mine cost 4k pesos plus materials.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Our roof is so old we just keep putting the Vulcaseal that come in the can wherever the leaks are. It works and my son loves climbing on the roof!:biggrin:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

When the old house stood there they had tin roofs all around the place, where the dirty kitchen was ,where they did the laundry and so on.

its all about trying to live outside some of the time in all weathers rather then sitting in the house, again I am not there yet and all these ideas may go up in smoke once there but we shall see.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, jimeve said:

I had one built with a tin roof, It's hot when sunny you would need it insulated. Cheap enough to build mine cost 4k pesos plus materials.

I have polycarbon now but I'm just about to take it off and replace with the plastic moulded material available

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 4/29/2019 at 4:41 PM, Jack Peterson said:

Yes you can but unfortunately it reacts on the Poly carbon a goes rotten, I will show you on Thursday :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Never had that problem before which makes me ask is the sheeting actually Polycarbonate or is it just cheap plastic? 

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

is the sheeting actually Polycarbonate

It is what it says on the label But...............................................:whatever: and price would suggest that:5590:

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I've got sealant on my conservatory roof that has been there for over a decade with no problems so this also made me wonder. Polycarbonate does get brittle after a while so I wonder if it would be a bit fragile for the Philippines climate

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Gary D said:

I've got sealant on my conservatory roof that has been there for over a decade with no problems so this also made me wonder. Polycarbonate does get brittle after a while so I wonder if it would be a bit fragile for the Philippines climate

I'm 100% certain it's down to the climate which is why I'm going to change to another material for the roof