1st time to Bohol

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My friend is visiting from the UK  and we have discussed going to Bohol for a couple of days. I know we will go and see the Tarsiers and chocolate hills. I have no idea as to where we will stay or what transport is available there. Could you lads give me a few suggestions on

1, Transport not mb as our daughter will be with us, can we hire a trike and driver for a day how much do think we should pay.

2, where to stay not high end.

3, apart from tarsiers and chocolate hills suggestions please on other activities, Please bear in mind that my daughter is 6 so no mountain climbing please.

4, Do I need to book the fastcraft in Dumaguete the day before or do we do it on the day.

I thank you all in advance.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

When we saw the Tarsiers was near a river that had fairly large boats take a tour up to a falls. Your 6  year old may enjoy that.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We just book the tour from the hotel. Was driven around the sights in a van. Lomboc cruise is well worth it.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gary D said:

We just book the tour from the hotel. Was driven around the sights in a van. Lomboc cruise is well worth it.

Will look into that. I have to wait until my friend comes down from Angeles tomorrow and see what he wants to do. Oh and we might let the women chip in as well.

• Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Will look into that. I have to wait until my friend comes down from Angeles tomorrow and see what he wants to do. Oh and we might let the women chip in as well.

Have a look at hotel Taver's Tagbilaran, not big but clean. Not recommended hiring a trike, they are very small. Hire a van and driver about 3k.

There's butterfly site,  Loboc river cruise. Best book the ferry 1 or 2 days before you travel.   

Edited by jimeve
wrong spelling of hotel
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have booked the ferry and I went to the port to do it as online would have cost a hell of a lot more. I have booked a hotel called Harbour Gardens we will be off on Saturday ( and miss most of the water cut off here) Thanks for the input all of you.

• Like 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Hire a van. Pay no more than P2,500/day. With luck you can get it for P2,000. Look it over before you seal the deal. If the tires are bald or you see other issues, look elsewhere.

Do the Loboc River cruise. There is decent food, live music which varies considerably in quality, and other entertainment.

There are several butterfly gardens. The best one has comedians for guides and fun forced perspective photography. Sorry I don't recall the name of it.

The tarsier sanctuary is a must-see.

The Chocolate Hills are worth seeing once. If you've seen one Chocolate Hill you've seen them all.:hystery:

The best bang for your resort budget is Bohol Beach Club.

DON'T do the Balicasag/Virgin Island tourist boat excursion at P1,000/person. See reviews at TripAdvisor. Ask around at the dive shops to ride along on a trip to Balicasag Island for snorkeling only at P350/person.

Go to Molave Cove Resort in Tangnan on Dauis Panglao Island for snorkeling. A Marine Protected Area is adjacent and the snorkeling is as good as at Balicasag Island.  Admission is P30 and (optional) rent a 'cottage' shelter for P300/day. I think I saw some snorkeling gear available for rent.

You're welcome.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well just got back and I will say that although it was a hectic couple of days it was well worth it. We hired a car with a driver through recommendation and he took us all over the place. We went to chocolate hills then the butterfly garden then the man-made forest we then went to the river cruise but opted out as it looked overpriced(650 per head) and not really what we wanted to do.So then the driver took us to a church with a museum and lastly we want to Bohol beach club and spent an hour there. I will add that not far from Dumaguete is a zoo (Amlan) which we have been to before and apart from tarsiers and the beach has everything we saw in Bohol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

and lastly we want to Bohol beach club and spent an hour there.

What is the latest on going to Bohol Beach Club for a short or day visit?  In 2012 we went there and really enjoyed the uncrowded beach.  Last year, I think based on their web site, it appeared that they were charging really high for a day trip.  How much did you pay?  We are going on the 27th.