Where can I find a trusted Dentistry at Manila?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Personally I think there is a lot of info online from fellow expats or long term tourists that have had good experiences with dentist. Someone who has contributed to forums for expats for many years and possibly well known in the expat community will give their experience and if they say one or two dentist in particular were good and a good price then normally they are not pulling your leg......

Teeth maybe

Yes, you are quite right. I should have included that. I am finding a lot of good information from this group with their experience, knowledge and willingness to share the good, bad and ugly.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 7/9/2019 at 8:52 AM, Tommy T. said:

Yes, you are quite right. I should have included that. I am finding a lot of good information from this group with their experience, knowledge and willingness to share the good, bad and ugly.

Chipped my front crown the other day, went to see a female dentist and noticed there was a few expats waiting, so must be ok. She couldn't fix the crown so I had her clean my teeth. She did a good job but painful, there was lots of tartar buildup so any dentist would have made me cry lol.   

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Chipped my front crown the other day, went to see a female dentist and noticed there was a few expats waiting, so must be ok. She couldn't fix the crown so I had her clean my teeth. She did a good job but painful, there was lots of tartar buildup so any dentist would have made me cry lol.   

Glad you found a winner, jim! I had a horror story here in Davao several years ago on a visit when I went to a dentist based on his web site "reviews." Anyone coming to Davao I will be happy to share his name so others won't go through the pain.

I agree 100% with JGF that expat recommendations are about the best you can get whether online or in person. I am certain expats have much higher expectations than most locals...

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I am certain expats have much higher expectations than most locals...

I don't think Locals have expectations as we do and if they Did, it would only be the Expectation of a Discount :wink:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a word
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Glad you found a winner, jim! I had a horror story here in Davao several years ago on a visit when I went to a dentist based on his web site "reviews." Anyone coming to Davao I will be happy to share his name so others won't go through the pain.

I agree 100% with JGF that expat recommendations are about the best you can get whether online or in person. I am certain expats have much higher expectations than most locals...

TOMMY T,,, we are going g to Davao and.my wife went to see a dentist at Davao City before our wedding day,,, and man was I dissapointed,,,  later within 2 yrs her crowns began turning color,,, this is why I'm asking g for reccomedations,,need to know what the  name of then firm is,,,thanks,,,oh.by the way,, our inlaws live just North of Calinan,,,Tamugam by name,,,

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Cool ICE-Philippines said:

TOMMY T,,, we are going g to Davao and.my wife went to see a dentist at Davao City before our wedding day,,, and man was I dissapointed,,,  later within 2 yrs her crowns began turning color,,, this is why I'm asking g for reccomedations,,need to know what the  name of then firm is,,,thanks,,,oh.by the way,, our inlaws live just North of Calinan,,,Tamugam by name,,,

I will be happy to do that. Actually there are two I recommend - one I have used for over two years. She has two associates that sometimes change, but they are always top quality and guarantee their work. The other is one I have not yest seen but L has been there a few times and is impressed with the quality of her work and she is a little less expensive than the other one. I will need to ask her the name of that one.

Dr. Debbie Sablada Oceano (not sure of that last name) - office phone: 082-224-2106. Mobile: 0918-918-8814. This is the one at Davao Doctor's Hospital. She takes appointments. Usually her clinic's office hours begin at 1 pm most days - including Saturday. I suggest you call to make an appointment at least one week in advance to assure your time. I also suggest to try to get the first one of the day so you can avoid having to possibly wait due to delays from prior patients - although I have rarely had to wait long, even in the late afternoon.

I will get back to you about the other one in another day or two if that's okay?

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I will be happy to do that. Actually there are two I recommend - one I have used for over two years. She has two associates that sometimes change, but they are always top quality and guarantee their work. The other is one I have not yest seen but L has been there a few times and is impressed with the quality of her work and she is a little less expensive than the other one. I will need to ask her the name of that one.

Dr. Debbie Sablada Oceano (not sure of that last name) - office phone: 082-224-2106. Mobile: 0918-918-8814. This is the one at Davao Doctor's Hospital. She takes appointments. Usually her clinic's office hours begin at 1 pm most days - including Saturday. I suggest you call to make an appointment at least one week in advance to assure your time. I also suggest to try to get the first one of the day so you can avoid having to possibly wait due to delays from prior patients - although I have rarely had to wait long, even in the late afternoon.

I will get back to you about the other one in another day or two if that's okay?

Thanks a bunch, yes we are.looki g forward in coming back to Davao,, miss it a bunch especially farm foods,,,have yet to go and fish at Gen San,,, was brought up in the Bering Sea Island of Nunivak,, a small village called Mekoryuk, Alaska,, I live the ocean and will take every opportunity to go and take a nap in the ocean,,, Take good care and perhaps we can meet up at Davao sometimes,,,thanks once again,,,,

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Cool ICE-Philippines said:

Thanks a bunch, yes we are.looki g forward in coming back to Davao,, miss it a bunch especially farm foods,,,have yet to go and fish at Gen San,,, was brought up in the Bering Sea Island of Nunivak,, a small village called Mekoryuk, Alaska,, I live the ocean and will take every opportunity to go and take a nap in the ocean,,, Take good care and perhaps we can meet up at Davao sometimes,,,thanks once again,,,,

Happy to help! Maybe you can bring some Alaska King crab legs with? They are available, frozen, at S & R for something like P2,000/kgm? Just a little beyond our current budget.

Yeah... you might be able to nap on the ocean here. I fear there is a bit of pollution so maybe you can even walk on it too?:hystery:

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Cool ICE-Philippines said:

dentist at Davao City

I neglected to tell you... This Dr. Debbie and her associates are very concerned and careful that the patients feel no discomfort (unfortunately, they don't offer nitrous oxide). They are also good dealing with my rather high gag reflex - which is not just brought on by some of the humour on this forum but also when the shove all those dental tools an dams and other things in my mouth as they work.

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Happy to help! Maybe you can bring some Alaska King crab legs with? They are available, frozen, at S & R for something like P2,000/kgm? Just a little beyond our current budget.

Yeah... you might be able to nap on the ocean here. I fear there is a bit of pollution so maybe you can even walk on it too?:hystery:

Hehehe,,,really,,, I'm sure I'll just be fine with any price for Alaskan Kings,,, and yes sir we were thinking g of brings Red Salmon that are running heavily down the Kenai and Kaisilof rivers here,, running very heavy now,,,excellent for smoking and jarring,,, especially for fresh shushi,,,will definatly keep the kings in mind for sure,,, during xmas they bring the price to about $1000 p per lb,,,

• Like 1